Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 02:21 PM

69 posts, read 75,722 times

Advertisements

Looking for Jewish Neighborhoods in the John's Creek area that feed into the John's Creek High School. If so, what are the names of them or if they are any other suggestions for High School's in the 30022 areas that have a decent jewish population along with a middle upper class neighborhood , am open to hearing about those as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 02:25 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,661,614 times
I know Jewish families at John's Creek HS. There aren't that many Jewish students and it is a large high school.

Can you explain what you mean by Jewish neighborhoods? Walking distance to a synagogue, access to a kosher grocer, simply other Jews in the neighborhood, ... specifics would help give you better advice.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:20 PM

Are there any other high rated high schools in the Alpharetta area with a decent Jewish student population? By Jewish I mean just other Jewish families nearby and at the school.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:32 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imirab View Post
Are there any other high rated high schools in the Alpharetta area with a decent Jewish student population? By Jewish I mean just other Jewish families nearby and at the school.
Look into the Centennial High Cluster.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Look into the Centennial High Cluster.
Why don't you contact the folks at Congregation Dor Tamid - dortamid.org - A Reform Jewish Synagogue located in Johns Creek, GA serving North Fulton, Gwinnett, and Forsyth counties.

and see if they can offer any insight?

Old 12-21-2014, 12:20 PM

Great Suggestion! Thank you!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:12 PM

58 posts, read 86,981 times
As an armchair sociologist I'm going to suggest these areas as "Jewish"

1.Sandy Springs, Roswell Rd area that abuts into Glenridge business district. Think Windsor Pkwy, Highpoint rd, etc
2. Neighborhood south of Toco Hills on Lavista Rd
3. Sandy Springs North of Johnson Ferry

Old 12-21-2014, 11:59 PM

Default Chattahoogie High and Taylor Road Middle Jewish Students

Okay... thanks for you time and input. I think I am headed more north towards Alpharetta because the middle schools and High Schools have such great ratings and good prices on homes. Right now , I am zoning in on Chattahoogie High and Taylor Road Middle. Does anyone know about the jewish population in these schools and neighborhoods?

Old 12-22-2014, 12:57 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
Okay... thanks for you time and input. I think I am headed more north towards Alpharetta because the middle schools and High Schools have such great ratings and good prices on homes. Right now , I am zoning in on Chattahoogie High and Taylor Road Middle. Does anyone know about the jewish population in these schools and neighborhoods?
I don't know much about the Jewish population in those schools (as Jewish people are represented in most areas in North Fulton though probably not at the levels that they may be in DeKalb and Fulton counties), but I do know that Chattahoochee High School and its feeder schools have a great reputation for emphasizing inclusiveness and a well-rounded academic and social experience while educating children at the highest level possible and preparing them for an education at the nation's best postsecondary institutions.

The Chattahoochee High School cluster would be an excellent choice should you choose to move there.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:04 AM

Again, I need to ask what your expectations are? Where are you moving from?

There will be some Jewish students at these schools, but not many. (Plus, these are large schools, so the numbers are diluted by scale.) My Jewish friends who have children at N. Fulton schools say their kids maybe went to 2 or 3 Bar or Bat Mitzvahs of school friends. But for some kids it was slightly more and for some it was less.

If being with a large number of Jewish kids is a priority, you need to shift your search to East Cobb or Sandy Springs and Dunwoody. (Perhaps Lakeside High too)

Where is your job and what is your price pt on housing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta