Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 04:45 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,787,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
I understand it's still under construction. Yes sitting outside in the nice breeze today looking up, the structure and concept is unique. I'd like to come back in a year and enjoy the final product.
Nice place to take visitors.
We also took in krog street market and that funky krog street tunnel.
Loved it.
Wait until the rooftop open
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 04:52 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,242,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Wait until the rooftop open
It's going to be something special to retreat up to the rooftop to have a drink on an outdoor patio with a great view. That is literally the crowning feature of PCM

Old 09-23-2015, 12:17 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,262,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Just give me some spots to hang up my hammock. I promise, my productivity would only dip by 42%!
I got to visit the MailChimp offices at Ponce City Market, they've got sleeping pods!

Old 10-05-2015, 07:33 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,787,954 times
I went to PCM twice this weekend since I'm always on the Beltline. The parking situation had no effect on the foot traffic at PCM. Remember they have 30 min free parking right up front at the entrance plus you can get your ticket validated once you make a purchase in any store. Plus you can park on North Ave in front of PCM if you can find a space.

Most of the time I go to PCM I just like walking around and smelling the building. It has a great smell to it. I want to sniff the walls but I don't want to get kicked out of there

Old 10-05-2015, 07:56 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,882,415 times
I went last Thursday and it exceeded my expectations. Jamestown did a good job preserving the space and making it feel authentic.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:54 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,788,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I went last Thursday and it exceeded my expectations. Jamestown did a good job preserving the space and making it feel authentic.
Yes, the space is nice, and it's nice to have in the city--but after wandering around the crowds a little while, we still ended up accross the street over at "Eat's".

Old 10-05-2015, 12:01 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,882,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Yes, the space is nice, and it's nice to have in the city--but after wandering around the crowds a little while, we still ended up accross the street over at "Eat's".
Nothing wrong with Eat's.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:21 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,987,290 times
Now I have to check out Eats.
But I can understand why.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:27 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,262,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I went to PCM twice this weekend since I'm always on the Beltline. The parking situation had no effect on the foot traffic at PCM. Remember they have 30 min free parking right up front at the entrance plus you can get your ticket validated once you make a purchase in any store. Plus you can park on North Ave in front of PCM if you can find a space.

Most of the time I go to PCM I just like walking around and smelling the building. It has a great smell to it. I want to sniff the walls but I don't want to get kicked out of there
I said the exact same thing to a friend today and they acted like I was crazy, but it's true. I was just there at lunch today picking up chicken from Hop's, and not only does the building smell good in general, but there's a leather goods shop (the Frye Company) near the front, and the scent of leather just wafts out of the store. I could stand there all day.

I keep going to the food hall to try new restaurants, but every time I walk past Hop's, I end up getting the chicken. I'll try the others eventually I'm sure.

By the way, you're 100% right about the parking. The 30-minute free parking lot in the front is great; I've found it way easier to find a spot here than at Krog Street Market, where the two 20-minute spots are always taken.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:20 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,242,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
I got to visit the MailChimp offices at Ponce City Market, they've got sleeping pods!
I've been in that office before and it is envious. It would be nice to catch a 20 minute nap at lunch!

There are some pretty cool office walkthroughs online -

Living Walls did a lot of MailChimp's walls, totally awesome - MailChimp commissions Atlanta nonprofit Living Walls to fill its new office space with street art.

More recent walkthrough of mailchimp - Mad For MailChimp | Sneak Peek Into the Holy Grail of Cool Offices - Hypepotamus

New shared/rental office concept - Touring a Cutting-Edge Ponce City Market Office Build-Out - Curbed Inside - Curbed Atlanta

athenahealth - Sneak Peek: Ponce City Market's First Office Tenant Moves In - Curbed Inside - Curbed Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: