Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 PM

4 posts, read 3,623 times

Advertisements

I'm consideran moving to Atlanta area. The cities I have interest in are east point, forest park, riverdale, college park or unión city. I do have a Budget set for clayton county is $736 in rent a one or two bdrm. And $820 for east point or any where in Fulton county for a one or two bdrm. It just nds to be decent neighborhood as far as crime. I know crime is everywhere tho. I will be residing in two places until I get a job Transfer or find a New job there.
What things family with kids 10 under can i do in east point? I don't really club, but will go to a bar or lounge. Is stores near area?

Who is Main Provider for cable there?
Who is electric and phone company there? I Set a Budget of what I can afford without struggling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 08:57 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,743,276 times
First thing, since you have kids cut Union City and Riverdale off your list, they're schools aren't very good and they're pretty bad areas for crime. If you're staying in College Park make sure to be in the Tri Cities High school cluster, and if you stay in East Point stay east of Main St. Forest Park has better schools and apartments than any of your other choices. If you want to stay in Forest Park look south of Forest Pkwy or look along Rock Cut Rd. Forest Park also has less crime than either area and you'll see a better police presence.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:20 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,816,675 times
Lived in Clayton County (Morrow/Ellenwood/Forest Park) for almost 20 years. Do yourself a favor and stay out of the whole county. Unless you are a ghetto thug POS then by all means enjoy your stay.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:02 PM
gam

14 posts, read 19,984 times
please do not go to Clayton county. Henry county can be a better choice school is better there than clayton

Old 07-10-2016, 04:23 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,743,276 times
Here come the Clayton hating trolls. I thought we got rid of you guys years ago.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:07 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,816,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Here come the Clayton hating trolls. I thought we got rid of you guys years ago.
What good can be said about Clayton County?

Old 07-13-2016, 01:43 PM

4 posts, read 3,623 times
They re toddlers! Well learning also takes place in the home, not just school. It's the parents and teacher job so I want Name the school system. (That's amywhere)

I need to reside somewhere within my Budget. Im not thug, n either am I rich. I'm gd w/ a decent neighborhood as gd as it's no gang activities or drive bys. I'm a regular american citizen

Old 07-14-2016, 08:47 AM

5 posts, read 5,445 times
I recently moved to Riverdale with my husband and kids. I LOVE it here. I feel very comfortable walking in my neighborhood. I can't say much about the school system since school hasn't started yet but I think that with parent involvement any school can work out. BUT just in case I'm wrong I'm prepared to home school my children.
Oh and I'm no thug or POS either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta