Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 05:39 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Am I the only one who finds it depressing that every show or movie showcasing Atlanta involves drugs, gangs, and gun fights? No wonder visitors audibly has when they visit me and drive through Buckhead, druid hills, vahi, etc. No one ever showcases the good, safe, clean parts of the city.
Despite your characterization, those "bad" neighborhoods are multidimensional. This is something you might be aware of if you weren't scared to visit them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 07:13 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,420,531 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who finds it depressing that every show or movie showcasing Atlanta involves drugs, gangs, and gun fights? No wonder visitors audibly has when they visit me and drive through Buckhead, druid hills, vahi, etc. No one ever showcases the good, safe, clean parts of the city.
Is that all you got from OP? lol maybe you need to look more into theme of the show.

Where are the gangs, drugs, and gun fights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-KdOvyZlQo

Old 08-29-2016, 07:24 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
The setting for one thing. There is going to be a big focus on neighborhood street life from all angles. Yes the drug trade will be prominently featured (someone has to be kidding themselves if they do not realize how much this dictates day to day life in many CoA neighborhoods) but also gentrification, the change face of atlantas urban culture, etc.

The thing that really drew me in is that the main character is a family man that lives in a dumpy duplex, works at the Airport by day, and dreams of being a musician by night. Do you know how many people I know exactly like that?! Lol

Ok, well it sounds like it has an engaging plot, but I hope it doesn't go too Empire because they've got that on lock.

I'd like to see more of the entire metro represented. I'd like to see multiple lifestyles represented realistically.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:52 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
I'll be watching!!
Just finished that horrible movie snow on da bluff.
I wish I could "unsee" that movie!!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:12 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,442,323 times
Quote:
Exactly! I'm tired of it too.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:15 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Matlock did a pretty good job of showcasing the positive sides of the city.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:32 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
The housewives have some really nice locations on their show,
( I know I know shut the hell up).

Old 08-29-2016, 09:45 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Despite your characterization, those "bad" neighborhoods are multidimensional. This is something you might be aware of if you weren't scared to visit them.
Justifiably so. Bad neighborhoods are dangerous and have nothing worth visiting. Good restaurants and shops don't open in areas with overt gang violence, sorry to say.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:10 AM

1,462 posts, read 1,430,423 times
Quote:
Why should Atlanta be any different than Chicago,NYC,LA,D.C.or Miami?
In every one of those cities ,any ilms and tv shows I've seen surround around the drug and gangs the majority of time.
Even still,like those cities ,Atlanta has had content about other things outside of that more and more as of late.
Movies like Wanderlust,Sisters,and not to mention all the reality shows that DO show the best parts of Atlanta are there.Just watch "The Real Housewives of Atlanta".

Old 08-30-2016, 02:14 AM

1,462 posts, read 1,430,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Matlock did a pretty good job of showcasing the positive sides of the city.
Ok you must be over 50.lol
Don't forget "Designing Women"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta