Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 07:52 AM

821 posts, read 726,443 times

Advertisements

Just noticed that they are getting rid of those parking spaces up front, fantastic move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 08:36 AM

617 posts, read 552,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
And where would you propose they go? I think they should stay where they are. Somewhat centralized locale to provide assistance to Atlanta residents, IMHO.
Agreed. Some people are clearly so pro-gentrification, that they don't think about the current community and their present needs.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:52 AM

234 posts, read 144,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Agreed. Some people are clearly so pro-gentrification, that they don't think about the current community and their present needs.
AHS is already planning on moving their HQ selling and could pull in ~$10mil, which would fund a site of their choosing.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
And where would you propose they go? I think they should stay where they are. Somewhat centralized locale to provide assistance to Atlanta residents, IMHO.
Sell the land, build smaller/newer ones around the city so it's not centralized. More accessible. Profit?

Old 12-17-2018, 09:13 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
15 townhomes coming to triangular parcel Huff Rd NW @ Earnest St NW
Quote:
The Felix promises 15 townhomes, each spanning between 2,500 and 3,000 square feet, as announced in recent days.

“Showcasing a modern architectural design in a flatiron style, floorplans will offer customization options to suit the needs of each homeowner,” according to a press release.

The townhomes, as designed, would come in three- or four-story options, each decked out with its own two-car garage (Howell Mill Road groans), a rooftop terrace, and “residential-sized” elevators.
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/12/1...well-mill-road

Old 12-17-2018, 10:22 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I was wondering when that parcel would develop. It used to be a stone dealer, then they cleared out and I saw construction vehicles there, but then nothing happened. Looks like it's on the move.

Maybe they will finally work on adding a left turn lane from Huff onto Howell Mill. They cleared the area a while back, but have done nothing since. I think it's part of the Howell Mill redo, but that's on hold, right? Huff needs a left turn lane bigly.

Quote:
Tower proposed to replace low density, 1 story commercial building north west corner of Collier Rd NW at Defoors Ferry Rd NW. Underground parking, street level retail.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/12/5...tive-community
The signs have gone up on the street corner for this one.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
I was wondering when that parcel would develop. It used to be a stone dealer, then they cleared out and I saw construction vehicles there, but then nothing happened. Looks like it's on the move.

Maybe they will finally work on adding a left turn lane from Huff onto Howell Mill. They cleared the area a while back, but have done nothing since. I think it's part of the Howell Mill redo, but that's on hold, right? Huff needs a left turn lane bigly.

The signs have gone up on the street corner for this one.
Huff Rd dedicated left turn lane was in the project scoop of the now threatened Howell Mill Complete Street project.
Better get on the horn with Dustin Hillis and Andre Dickens about that one.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:15 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Huff Rd dedicated left turn lane was in the project scoop of the now threatened Howell Mill Complete Street project.
Better get on the horn with Dustin Hillis and Andre Dickens about that one.
Yeah...they cleared it long before the Howell Mill Complete Street Project was a twinkle in anyones' eye. Street View between 2007 and 2012 shows the fence of the waterworks moved about 10' out, and utility lines moved to new poles. Just need to move some phone/cable lines and that one short pole, and the area is free and clear for a slightly wider paved area and a re-stripe (including striping the crosswalks). Cheap project which would help that intersection greatly.

Maybe they never were considering changing this intersection back then. Maybe it was just part of utility line work. I thought it was for road improvements, but I could be wrong.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Yeah...they cleared it long before the Howell Mill Complete Street Project was a twinkle in anyones' eye. Street View between 2007 and 2012 shows the fence of the waterworks moved about 10' out, and utility lines moved to new poles. Just need to move some phone/cable lines and that one short pole, and the area is free and clear for a slightly wider paved area and a re-stripe (including striping the crosswalks). Cheap project which would help that intersection greatly.

Maybe they never were considering changing this intersection back then. Maybe it was just part of utility line work. I thought it was for road improvements, but I could be wrong.
The fence and transmission line work must have been part of Georgia Power upgrading the transmission poles from wood to steel.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Are these taking up the whole triangle or just the right side?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta