Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 03:57 AM

24,411 posts, read 27,021,173 times

Advertisements

Trump doesn't care about corporate sponsorship, in order to be sponsored you need to be politically correct because a corporation supporting a politician who is offensive is bad for business hence why corporations drop sponsorship after a controversial statement.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:04 AM

7,582 posts, read 10,788,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Trump doesn't care about corporate sponsorship, in order to be sponsored you need to be politically correct because a corporation supporting a politician who is offensive is bad for business hence why corporations drop sponsorship after a controversial statement.
You are a very gullible person.

Interesting note that quietly happened this week amid controversies.

Trump went ahead and filed to be a candidate in 2020. This is very atypical for a president to do first year in office. The main reason for doing it is so you can accept campaign donations.

Kind of sounds like he is getting an early start, despite his earliest campaign rhetoric... he does take in money too.

Sometimes you have to follow the policies people choose to seek. It is pretty evident he is trying to help out the richest of the rich.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:11 AM

What I find amusing are all these liberal supporters and liberal politicians who are acting like they care so much about these refugees yet where the **** were they when the Obama Adminstration pushed regime change and interventionism policies in the Middle East. They dumped thousands of weapons there and had a key role in creating the **** storm that created all these refugees. Now Trump wants to ban them temporarily because terrorist groups have said they will inflitrate the refugee population and somehow Trump is the mad evil genious?????

Old 01-31-2017, 04:36 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,407,750 times
Quote:
What I find amusing are all these liberal supporters and liberal politicians who are acting like they care so much about these refugees yet where the **** were they when the Obama Adminstration pushed regime change and interventionism policies in the Middle East. They dumped thousands of weapons there and had a key role in creating the **** storm that created all these refugees. Now Trump wants to ban them temporarily because terrorist groups have said they will inflitrate the refugee population and somehow Trump is the mad evil genious?????
If I recall correctly, President Bush was the author of our regime change strategies in both Iraq and Afghanistan. It was President Obama who pulled out most of our troops. And, no, I don't think President Trump is a genius at all.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
If I recall correctly, President Bush was the author of our regime change strategies in both Iraq and Afghanistan. It was President Obama who pulled out most of our troops. And, no, I don't think President Trump is a genius at all.
You can look again at Obama's record, he continued to police the world after Bush and he very much was into regime change and interventionism. Look at Syria, Libya etc not to mention we continued military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This is why nothing changes under Democrats or Republicans. They are all the same with a couple differences, but the end of the story is our military continues to expand and our debt continues higher.

Trump was a big **** you to the establishment in both parties.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:33 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,323,393 times
Quote:
You can look again at Obama's record, he continued to police the world after Bush and he very much was into regime change and interventionism. Look at Syria, Libya etc not to mention we continued military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This is why nothing changes under Democrats or Republicans. They are all the same with a couple differences, but the end of the story is our military continues to expand and our debt continues higher.

Trump was a big **** you to the establishment in both parties.
A big **** you to the establishment is not worth destroying our country over. The Republican an establishment is as happy as can be as Trump just signs off everything they do so you didn't accomplish much there. Meanwhile this madman is literally destroying our standing in the world and safety. I have never seen so much controversy and poor choices from a leader in such a short time. Trump is basically just making it up as he goes along and there will be consequences for this. All so you can feel smug at the establishment? Grow up.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:22 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,535,958 times
Ill care about foreigners invading our country after the poor blacks of Atlanta are no longer poor. So until then Im good. Go Falcons!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:17 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,323,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Ill care about foreigners invading our country after the poor blacks of Atlanta are no longer poor. So until then Im good. Go Falcons!!!
Lack of empathy. So common in Americans. I'd love to see the look on some of your face if you were trapped in an unsafe, war torn country just trying to get away from the violence and poverty and seeing people on the other side who believe that because you were born elsewhere, you are inferior. Imagine if America collapsed and you were seeking refuge in England, only to read that the English see you as a worthless subhuman immigrant and have barred your entry. These "foreigners" are still human. Stop with the tribe mentality and the belief that you own America and somehow have to defend her from anyone not born here. Try praciting a tiny bit of empathy and concern for other human beings instead of broadcasting selfish behavior.

It's amazing to me that people actually see Republicans and democrats the same when it's so easy to see the motivation behind actions. Nearly every Republican action or policy is related to selfishness and lack of empathy. Don't allow refugees, don't give people healthcare, don't allow gun background checks, allow unlimited discrimination, etc. The argument for nearly every GOP policy comes down to money and religious control - what saves the most money for the wealthy and what keeps easily manipulated Christians on their side. Show me any policy proposal that doesn't come down to those things. Meanwhile Democratic policies are typically about helping the less fortunate - allow in refugees, spend more money on the poor, ensure universal healthcare and education for all, end discrimination. Yes, democrats are more willing to spend money, but that's because we are okay having less ourselves to help others. Republicans are all about themselves - "don't spend MY money on other people" "don't let in those disgusting immigrants what if they hurt ME!?" It's all me, me, me. If that's how you want to behave, fine you are entitled to do so, but don't act like both parties are the same or try to use false equivalency to jusify your selfishness.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:06 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,500,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
White House Staying Mum on Rumors of Anti-LGBT Exec Order | Advocate.com

You think the airport marches are big now wait until he signs this
Trump Leaves Intact Obama's LGBTQ Work Protections | NBC Chicago

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors.

In other news, Trump is steamrolling ahead with his promises and ignoring the cries from the Left so protest till you're blue in the face, it doesn't matter.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:13 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,500,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Lack of empathy. So common in Americans.
The problem is not a lack of Empathy on the Right, the problem is actually too much empathy on the Left. You're so overrun with empathy that you fail to see reality!

I have empathy, but I'm also realistic. We cannot possibly help every human on Earth. There are people all over the globe right now living in squalor. Should we take them all in? What number of them is enough? What's wrong with a temporary ban to make sure our vetting process is as good as it possibly can be? The primary role of our government is the security of our nation and its citizens, not taking in every refugee on Earth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta