Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 04:30 PM

8 posts, read 14,438 times

Advertisements

Hello to all!

My husband had a job offer to work in Fairburn and we will be relocating from Charlotte, NC. His starting date will be June, and we are in the run to find a good area to buy a house and that will suit our needs. We currently live on pretty Safe area, and a great school district ( ES 10, MD 10, and HS 9), and we would like to keep it that way. Mostly we just want the same we have, but in a new zip code.

Also, once that his job will be in Fairburn we are looking for some areas around it, but not necessarily towards Atlanta side, coz I already saw that between Fairburn and Atlanta come some towns that aren't safe (according to some posts in here that I read). So it can be towards the other way too, like towards LaGrange or so. Anywhere in the radius of Fairburn I guess

1. Budget
- We are looking to buy, and our budges is around $250k to $300k
2. House/Condo/Townhome - Single Family House, around 4bd, 3bathrooms, good back yard, and decent space between the houses.
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Commute to fairburn, so from anywhere from 20 to 35 minutes drive to Fairburn would be great.
4. Children(public school vs. private) Public school, we got a 8 months-old, so she will be in school in couple years from now.
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two We currently live in the suburb, within 25 minutes drive to downtown Charlotte. So in the suburb within 35 to 40 minutes drive to downtown Atlanta is good for us
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Good people, middle class, family friendly.

Where we live is near a very nice high class area, houses goes house 1M there. But once that we live just 15 minutes away from there our property is around 300k. So we have the perks of a great neighbor, with awesome dinning, shopping, and entertaining options in a much more affordable area. I absolute love where we live and I would not move if wasn't this great job offer. But I am sure there are places like that in Georgia too!

Thank you in advance everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 05:27 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
I would definitely focus on communities in Fayette County, just down the road from Fairburn. Their school system is one of the best in the metro.
Here are a couple of listings in Peachtree City, just 13 miles away. PTC seems like a similar situation to the one you have now.

https://www.redfin.com/GA/Peachtree-.../home/23681737

https://www.redfin.com/GA/Peachtree-.../home/23667756

https://www.redfin.com/GA/Peachtree-.../home/23654984

Old 04-21-2017, 08:44 PM

8 posts, read 14,438 times
OMG, this houses you posted are extremely depressing!! Makes me feel like not wanting to move from here at all!!!

I was looking for something newer, no more than 10y. Around new build communities or smth like this.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:12 PM

787 posts, read 969,268 times
Why not just live in Fairburn?

Old 04-21-2017, 11:27 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVF View Post
Hello to all!

My husband had a job offer to work in Fairburn and we will be relocating from Charlotte, NC. His starting date will be June, and we are in the run to find a good area to buy a house and that will suit our needs. We currently live on pretty Safe area, and a great school district ( ES 10, MD 10, and HS 9), and we would like to keep it that way. Mostly we just want the same we have, but in a new zip code.

Also, once that his job will be in Fairburn we are looking for some areas around it, but not necessarily towards Atlanta side, coz I already saw that between Fairburn and Atlanta come some towns that aren't safe (according to some posts in here that I read). So it can be towards the other way too, like towards LaGrange or so. Anywhere in the radius of Fairburn I guess

1. Budget
- We are looking to buy, and our budges is around $250k to $300k
2. House/Condo/Townhome - Single Family House, around 4bd, 3bathrooms, good back yard, and decent space between the houses.
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Commute to fairburn, so from anywhere from 20 to 35 minutes drive to Fairburn would be great.
4. Children(public school vs. private) Public school, we got a 8 months-old, so she will be in school in couple years from now.
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two We currently live in the suburb, within 25 minutes drive to downtown Charlotte. So in the suburb within 35 to 40 minutes drive to downtown Atlanta is good for us
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Good people, middle class, family friendly.

Where we live is near a very nice high class area, houses goes house 1M there. But once that we live just 15 minutes away from there our property is around 300k. So we have the perks of a great neighbor, with awesome dinning, shopping, and entertaining options in a much more affordable area. I absolute love where we live and I would not move if wasn't this great job offer. But I am sure there are places like that in Georgia too!

Thank you in advance everyone!

You should look in Coweta County...very close to Fairburn. In the Newnan/Sharpsburg Area.

You will find the newer homes in your price range with good public schools that you are looking for. Fayette County, if you want new, is out of your price range for the most part. Coweta County is an excellent alternative.

You will find all of the criteria that you listed above in Coweta County.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:29 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,504,544 times
Quote:
OMG, this houses you posted are extremely depressing!! Makes me feel like not wanting to move from here at all!!!

I was looking for something newer, no more than 10y. Around new build communities or smth like this.
There are newer houses available in Fayette County within the under-$300k price range that you are looking to buy at, houses like this one built in 2013 on the market for $299,9k:
305 Legends Dr, Fayetteville GA 30215 - GeorgiaMLS.com

BUT...when you find houses that you might like in South metro Atlanta suburban counties like Fayette (and Coweta), you have got to be prepared to act fast....That is because the South metro Atlanta suburban real estate market (not unlike much of the rest of the Atlanta metropolitan real estate market in desirable and viable areas) has been extremely competitive as of late.

Houses (particularly newer houses within the 10 years and younger age range you prefer) in neighborhoods and areas with good, great, excellent and exceptional schools often go very fast, sometimes being purchased within hours of hitting the market.

The real estate market in Fayette and Coweta counties are particularly highly-competitive right now because of the explosion of the television and film production industry in those two counties and throughout South metropolitan Atlanta within the last few years.

The popular television series "The Walking Dead" continues to film episodes in the Coweta County town of Senoia while Pinewood Studios (the British studio that produces the James Bond movie series) recently opened up a massive film production studio in Fayetteville. There are also about two or three more major television/film production studios closer to Atlanta north on I-85.

The massive growth of the TV and Film production industry in Southwest metro Atlanta has brought many highly-paid television and film industry workers into the area from other parts of the U.S. and the planet, dramatically increasing competition for the type of detached single-family homes that you are looking to buy.

Like LovinDecatur recommended, start your search for housing in Fayette County where the suburban quality-of-life is extremely high and the quality of the schools in the highly-regarded Fayette County school system is considered to be nothing short of excellent.

If you find a home that you think you might like, be prepared to act quickly to make a decision as to whether or not you want to buy the house before another buyer quickly puts it under contract and takes it off of the market.

If you cannot find anything that you like in Fayette County, look in neighboring Coweta County where the schools are also very good and where there is a very-large cluster of retail amenities near the Ashley Park shopping mall-anchored district at and around the I-85/GA 34 interchange.

If you cannot find anything that you like in the highly-competitive real estate markets of Fayette and Coweta counties, look in Douglas County in the clusters/feeder zones for Chapel Hill, Douglas County and Alexander high schools.

Douglas County has a good school system and also has a very large cluster of retail amenities at and around Arbor Place Mall off I-20 West at the GA 5 and Chapel Hill Road exits.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
There are newer houses available in Fayette County within the under-$300k price range that you are looking to buy at, houses like this one built in 2013 on the market for $299,9k:
305 Legends Dr, Fayetteville GA 30215 - GeorgiaMLS.com

BUT...when you find houses that you might like in South metro Atlanta suburban counties like Fayette (and Coweta), you have got to be prepared to act fast....That is because the South metro Atlanta suburban real estate market (not unlike much of the rest of the Atlanta metropolitan real estate market in desirable and viable areas) has been extremely competitive as of late.

Houses (particularly newer houses within the 10 years and younger age range you prefer) in neighborhoods and areas with good, great, excellent and exceptional schools often go very fast, sometimes being purchased within hours of hitting the market.

The real estate market in Fayette and Coweta counties are particularly highly-competitive right now because of the explosion of the television and film production industry in those two counties and throughout South metropolitan Atlanta within the last few years.

The popular television series "The Walking Dead" continues to film episodes in the Coweta County town of Senoia while Pinewood Studios (the British studio that produces the James Bond movie series) recently opened up a massive film production studio in Fayetteville. There are also about two or three more major television/film production studios closer to Atlanta north on I-85.

The massive growth of the TV and Film production industry in Southwest metro Atlanta has brought many highly-paid television and film industry workers into the area from other parts of the U.S. and the planet, dramatically increasing competition for the type of detached single-family homes that you are looking to buy.

Like LovinDecatur recommended, start your search for housing in Fayette County where the suburban quality-of-life is extremely high and the quality of the schools in the highly-regarded Fayette County school system is considered to be nothing short of excellent.

If you find a home that you think you might like, be prepared to act quickly to make a decision as to whether or not you want to buy the house before another buyer quickly puts it under contract and takes it off of the market.

If you cannot find anything that you like in Fayette County, look in neighboring Coweta County where the schools are also very good and where there is a very-large cluster of retail amenities near the Ashley Park shopping mall-anchored district at and around the I-85/GA 34 interchange.

If you cannot find anything that you like in the highly-competitive real estate markets of Fayette and Coweta counties, look in Douglas County in the clusters/feeder zones for Chapel Hill, Douglas County and Alexander high schools.

Douglas County has a good school system and also has a very large cluster of retail amenities at and around Arbor Place Mall off I-20 West at the GA 5 and Chapel Hill Road exits.
Coweta County would be a great fit for the poster.

And yes, South Douglas County could also be good.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
You should look in Coweta County...very close to Fairburn. In the Newnan/Sharpsburg Area.

You will find the newer homes in your price range with good public schools that you are looking for. Fayette County, if you want new, is out of your price range for the most part. Coweta County is an excellent alternative.

You will find all of the criteria that you listed above in Coweta County.

Like B2R said above, I also recommend South Douglas County. You can look in the Alexander High Cluster or the Chapel Hill High Cluster.

Your primary choice should be: Coweta County

Your secondary choice should be: South Douglas County

Old 04-22-2017, 06:18 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:

Pardon me for offending your sensibilities.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:29 AM

761 posts, read 907,795 times
I agree with all the posts on Coweta being your best option if you are looking for a newer home in that price range.

Specifically, I'd look in the Northgate area of Newnan & Sharpsburg. It's close to Peachtree City & has excellent schools.

Some neighborhoods to look at are Westminster Village, Barrington Farms, Persimmon Village, French Village, Canongate, Northgate Crossing, Timbercreek Estates, Line Creek Cove, Tyler Woods, & Lake Zachery to name a few. I'll try to send a link to some listings as well.

I'd also look in Senoia too. It's about 30 minutes from Fairborn & on the southern border of Peachtree City. There are many new construction homes in that price range in Senoia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta