Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 07:53 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Oh, absolutely. I'm not suggesting it was a straight shot with no turns. Even today if you told somebody in downtown Decatur how to get to Fayetteville using surface streets, a fair number of them would get tangled up.
I always get tangled up trying to get from Fayetteville to Decatur!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I always get tangled up trying to get from Fayetteville to Decatur!
Ha! I have a terrible sense of directions and constantly get lost.

Drives me crazy!

Old 07-14-2017, 08:46 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,619 times
Jonesboro Roads to a small municipality of a little over 3,000 people if I am not mistaken. So many "roads" to Clayton County's seat of government:
1. Ga 54 out of Southeast Atlanta this Jonesboro Road is the main thoroughfare through north east Clayton County through the cities of Forest Park, Lake City, Morrow, and Jonesboro (it briefly takes the "Main Street" name in the cities of Morrow and Jonesboro, but reverts back to "Jonesboro Road" between Morrow and Jonesboro) and finally dumps into 19/41, Tara Boulevard, south of Downtown Jonesboro.

2. Ga 138 out of Union City is also "Jonesboro Road" after a smaller connecting street from Roosevelt Highway and Union City's small downtown strip merges into 138 just west of Interstate 85. This "Jonesboro Road" actually crosses the aforementioned Ga 54 Jonesboro Road two places (there is a fork between "Business 138", "North Avenue" that dead ends into Main Street, also Ga 54, in Downtown Jonesboro, and the "138 Spur" that crosses Jonesboro Road (Ga 54) north of Downtown Jonesboro and becomes Lake Spivey Parkway.)

3. Jonesboro Street/ Road coming west out of the northwest corner of the Downtown McDonough Courthouse Square (where the southbound streets are Griffin Street and Macon Street, Hampton Street, Ga 81, goes out parallel to Jonesboro Street west from the southwest corner of the square. North of the square the streets are Atlanta Street, Ga 42, which becomes Moreland Avenue/ Briarcliff Road and Lawrenceville Street, Ga 20, which after wandering around east metro Atlanta actually DOES take you to Lawrenceville!) Sadly, this "Jonesboro Street", which becomes "Jonesboro Road" when it crosses Interstate 75 and becomes McDonough's "big box" shopping district, DOES NOT take you to Jonesboro! It eventually hits 19/41 well south of Clayton's "capital city". Perhaps it should be "Lovejoy Road" since that is actually where it goes. LOL.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:38 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,747,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Oh, absolutely. I'm not suggesting it was a straight shot with no turns. Even today if you told somebody in downtown Decatur how to get to Fayetteville using surface streets, a fair number of them would get tangled up.
Easy. GA 155 south to Flat Shoals. Flat Shoals west to Clifton Church. Clifton Church south to Bouldercrest. Bouldercrest south to Bouldercrest. Bouldercrest south to Forest Pkwy. Forest Pkwy west to GA 85. GA 85 south to Fayetteville. (Our road system is bad but it's not impossible to use)

Old 07-15-2017, 07:00 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Easy. GA 155 south to Flat Shoals. Flat Shoals west to Clifton Church. Clifton Church south to Bouldercrest. Bouldercrest south to Bouldercrest. Bouldercrest south to Forest Pkwy. Forest Pkwy west to GA 85. GA 85 south to Fayetteville. (Our road system is bad but it's not impossible to use)
I like our road system. My brain just doesn't do directions. I can get lost within 5 miles of home.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:43 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Jonesboro Roads to a small municipality of a little over 3,000 people if I am not mistaken. So many "roads" to Clayton County's seat of government:
1. Ga 54 out of Southeast Atlanta this Jonesboro Road is the main thoroughfare through north east Clayton County through the cities of Forest Park, Lake City, Morrow, and Jonesboro (it briefly takes the "Main Street" name in the cities of Morrow and Jonesboro, but reverts back to "Jonesboro Road" between Morrow and Jonesboro) and finally dumps into 19/41, Tara Boulevard, south of Downtown Jonesboro.

2. Ga 138 out of Union City is also "Jonesboro Road" after a smaller connecting street from Roosevelt Highway and Union City's small downtown strip merges into 138 just west of Interstate 85. This "Jonesboro Road" actually crosses the aforementioned Ga 54 Jonesboro Road two places (there is a fork between "Business 138", "North Avenue" that dead ends into Main Street, also Ga 54, in Downtown Jonesboro, and the "138 Spur" that crosses Jonesboro Road (Ga 54) north of Downtown Jonesboro and becomes Lake Spivey Parkway.)

3. Jonesboro Street/ Road coming west out of the northwest corner of the Downtown McDonough Courthouse Square (where the southbound streets are Griffin Street and Macon Street, Hampton Street, Ga 81, goes out parallel to Jonesboro Street west from the southwest corner of the square. North of the square the streets are Atlanta Street, Ga 42, which becomes Moreland Avenue/ Briarcliff Road and Lawrenceville Street, Ga 20, which after wandering around east metro Atlanta actually DOES take you to Lawrenceville!) Sadly, this "Jonesboro Street", which becomes "Jonesboro Road" when it crosses Interstate 75 and becomes McDonough's "big box" shopping district, DOES NOT take you to Jonesboro! It eventually hits 19/41 well south of Clayton's "capital city". Perhaps it should be "Lovejoy Road" since that is actually where it goes. LOL.
This made my head hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta