Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 12:50 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
so is this still the "streetcars running in lanes on clifton road" plan, or is exclusive right-of-way back on the table?
I was under the impression that the Clifton Road alignment was always an exclusive Right of Way with a buffer? Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 06:23 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,695,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
My mistake, I got confused.

FWIW, I do support the annexation and the subsequent CC extension.
NP. Just trying to put the info out there and clear up any confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I was under the impression that the Clifton Road alignment was always an exclusive Right of Way with a buffer? Please correct me if I am mistaken.
AFAIK you're right. It was to be median running in dedicated right of way for the most part.

The final routing is still being settled, and we'll see more detail whenever the EIS is finished.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:36 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
That money was, no matter what, going to be set aside. The ONLY thing that Emory's joining actually changes, is that we can actually move forward with phase 1's implementation without DeKalb, using money that was always going to be set aside.
The way Ben Limmer put it at, the final list approved by Atlanta City Council. Any project on that list can be funded using the Atlanta Transit Sales Tax funds, City Council will work with MARTA on which projects get funded and the timeline.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
The way Ben Limmer put it at, the final list approved by Atlanta City Council. Any project on that list can be funded using the Atlanta Transit Sales Tax funds, City Council will work with MARTA on which projects get funded and the timeline.
That is a fair way of saying it, yes, but the Clifton Corridor is a regionally significant project that's been in planning far longer than nearly any other project on the list.

Its funding is very much a key thing to getting the entire route built, and without that funding, it's very possible that there would not be a Clifton Corridor at all. If it does not get funding, it would not surprise me if DeKalb simply doesn't push for a MARTA expansion at all, not given the potential pull back from a joint-funding agreement like that.

Really, the primary limiting factor on how much of the project list we can accomplish will be federal backing. Given the kinds of timelines in play for actually getting to the funding point, though, we could very well be beyond the current uncertainty by then. Or Robosherman could have marched from the sea, burning everything in his path. Or North Korea could have nuked the U.S.. Or any number of other things could have happened that mean we don't get to everything.

I'm expecting us to, eventually, be able to build out nearly the entire list, with priorities given to those longer term projects. Much like the original $8-Billion proposal, the priority is on those projects that have been on the books for years and years, now (minus the I-20 west extension, maybe). The remaining funding then goes to what it can.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:48 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
The final routing is still being settled, and we'll see more detail whenever the EIS is finished.
How long have they been working on the EIS? On a daily basis, who is working on it and what are they doing?

I am just asking rhetorically, you may not know personally, fourthwarden.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
How long have they been working on the EIS? On a daily basis, who is working on it and what are they doing?

I am just asking rhetorically, you may not know personally, fourthwarden.
Well, remember that this one came after the first LPA was set. There was a rework of the routeing to find a less expensive, and potentially more community pleasing route. The efforts of that are what's in review now, so it makes sense that the timelines would be stretched out.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 555 times
Amazon is looking to expand in an area which specifically has mass transit links. ATL would be in the running, particularly if they had a stronger presence in MARTA.
Amazon is looking for diversity in employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: