Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 05:02 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,380,994 times

Advertisements

After months of complaints about the long walk to Uber and Lyft pickup zones at Hartsfield-Jackson International, airport officials plan to move one of the pickup areas closer to the terminal.

Getting to the new pickup zone will still require exiting through the lower level of Terminal North, which serves carriers other than Delta Airlines. Uber and Lyft users will walk across the roadway to a location beyond the curbside.

Uber and Lyft riders using the Terminal South pickup area will still have to endure long walks..."

FULL STORY: https://www.ajc.com/business/hartsfi...ZahYrLPk2nVeJ/

SOURCE: AJC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 08:49 PM

459 posts, read 475,399 times
Thank you for posting the information LynnHarris1. I eventually found the Uber and Lyft pickup zones after asking employee's where it was and my dad texted me it wasn't in a normal drop off and pickup location. I had to fly down and take care of my dad for awhile after his surgery back in October. Thanks again LynnHarris1, good information.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:04 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
Why do people act like the North terminal is on the other end of the airport from the South?

It's like 100 feet away.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:13 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Why do people act like the North terminal is on the other end of the airport from the South?

It's like 100 feet away.
Not really, it can be a pretty long hike depending on where you're going. Granted, when you come up off of the escalators on arrival, the walk to either baggage claim seems fairly close. It's an illusion.

Last edited by JMatl; 12-15-2018 at 12:27 AM..

Old 12-15-2018, 06:24 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,380,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkl07 View Post
Thank you for posting the information LynnHarris1. I eventually found the Uber and Lyft pickup zones after asking employee's where it was and my dad texted me it wasn't in a normal drop off and pickup location. I had to fly down and take care of my dad for awhile after his surgery back in October. Thanks again LynnHarris1, good information.

YW

Old 12-20-2018, 02:56 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,936,117 times
If you haven't checked a bag you can go to the International Terminal where Uber/Lyft still pick up right out front.

The annoying thing about the South Uber/Lyft pick up area (other than the long walk) is that cell service is pitiful while you slog through the parking deck so you have to finish your ride request before you head out for your walk or you can't do it until you get all the way to the pick-up spot.

The heaters are a nice touch

Old 12-21-2018, 06:28 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

It's like 100 feet away.
In our car-centric society we are so use to car being at the front door of everything.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:53 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,426,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Not really, it can be a pretty long hike depending on where you're going. Granted, when you come up off of the escalators on arrival, the walk to either baggage claim seems fairly close. It's an illusion.

????

A hallway separates them.

----------------------------------

"Depending on where you're going"

????

We're talking about walking from North Terminal, to South Terminal in this post.

------------------------------------

Quote:
It's an illusion.
Its not a David Copperfield magic trick. Literally 50 yds to the right you're in the North Terminal baggage claim. 50yds to the left, you're in the South Terminal.

You could go from one corner of one terminal, to the opposite corner of the other terminal inside of 3 minutes....walking.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:12 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
????

A hallway separates them.

----------------------------------

"Depending on where you're going"

????

We're talking about walking from North Terminal, to South Terminal in this post.

------------------------------------

Its not a David Copperfield magic trick. Literally 50 yds to the right you're in the North Terminal baggage claim. 50yds to the left, you're in the South Terminal.

You could go from one corner of one terminal, to the opposite corner of the other terminal inside of 3 minutes....walking.

Could you possibly be more nasty and condescending? And there is no way in hell that you could go from one corner of North to the opposite corner of South in 3 minutes. Period.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:11 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,426,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Could you possibly be more nasty and condescending? And there is no way in hell that you could go from one corner of North to the opposite corner of South in 3 minutes. Period.

Just following your lead JMatl.

Yes, 3 minutes easily. Just curious, how far of walk time wise do you believe it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta