Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 06:19 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydwelling View Post
A non-violent drug offense, something thousands of Atlantans have. That's not a reason to deport someone to a country where they haven't lived since they were in elementary school.
It is what it is. Whether or not it is a reason to deport him is conjecture, I suppose, but it is the law. He is here illegally, and he has committed a felony in this country.
The law is not a salad bar; you can't pick and choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 06:20 AM

617 posts, read 552,613 times
Well according to the media, he is applied for a U-Visa in 2017 since he was apparently the victim of a crime in 2013, and his application is pending. His attorney is stating that is enough reason for him to become a permanent resident.

I think ICE will have a tough time deporting him. He now has the support of Black Lives Matter, as well as many vocal (rich) folks, plus he has the money to retain a great attorney. After reading the story, I do feel bad for the guy since he at no fault of his own was brought here as a minor. I mean at 13, you can't just go back to the UK on your own if your family remained in the US.

This will be an interesting case for sure!

Old 02-05-2019, 06:22 AM

617 posts, read 552,613 times
I also believe his record was sealed and expunged...

Old 02-05-2019, 06:24 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,709,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Well according to the media, he is applied for a U-Visa in 2017 since he was apparently the victim of a crime in 2013, and his application is pending. His attorney is stating that is enough reason for him to become a permanent resident.

I think ICE will have a tough time deporting him. He now has the support of Black Lives Matter, as well as many vocal (rich) folks, plus he has the money to retain a great attorney. After reading the story, I do feel bad for the guy since he at no fault of his own was brought here as a minor. I mean at 13, you can't just go back to the UK on your own if your family remained in the US.

This will be an interesting case for sure!
Yeah, like myself and others have said, he'll be fine either way.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:26 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
What's messed up is that this guy has been here since he was a child and apparently was committing crimes since he got here. Now that he's actually a productive citizen, built a life here and paying taxes, now we're going to deport him?? It makes no sense and is pretty cruel.
Oh please. I’ve gone through the US citizenship route and had to show a clean criminal record throughout.

This guy doesn’t even have a green card. He has several disqualifying factors.

He brought guns to school and was expelled. Spent time in juvenile detention. Joined a gang. Multiple arrests.

Pulled out a firearm at a pool party this past summer. Yes, 2018. Hardly sounds reformed.

Sounds like a guy I would get on the next plane back to the UK and ban him from the US permanently.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:33 AM

815 posts, read 709,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Oh please. I’ve gone through the US citizenship route and had to show a clean criminal record throughout.

He brought guns to school and was expelled. Spent time in juvenile detention. Joined a gang. Multiple arrests.

Pulled out a firearm at a pool party this past summer. Yes, 2018. Hardly sounds reformed.

Sounds like a guy I would get on the next plane back to the UK and ban him from the US permanently.
You are not a child and you are in no position to judge anyone. We don't know what struggles he faced, but he has since stayed out of trouble and become a very productive citizen, paying quite a bit more taxes that even you.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
It is what it is. Whether or not it is a reason to deport him is conjecture, I suppose, but it is the law. He is here illegally, and he has committed a felony in this country.
The law is not a salad bar; you can't pick and choose.
That's a good one! I'm going to steal it from you.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:39 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
You are not a child and you are in no position to judge anyone. We don't know what struggles he faced, but he has since stayed out of trouble and become a very productive citizen, paying quite a bit more taxes that even you.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
Here’s part of an interview with him.

https://www.gq.com/story/21-savage-profile-2018

When he was in the seventh grade, he was banned from all DeKalb County, Georgia, schools for bringing a gun to class and did time in juvenile. (“That **** was really fun,” he says.)

“I used to rob the hell out of everybody,” he says. “If you had it, if it was worth something, I’d take it.” He has a taste for designer fashion now, but back then he rarely stole clothes. Mostly money and, when he was younger, cars. The fastest whip he ever jacked? “A Camaro SS,” he says. He was arrested only once on serious felony charges when a contraband-filled car he was riding in got pulled over. “It wasn’t my fault, though, and I done sold every drug, robbed every—I did everything there is to do, except rob a bank. I swear to God on my life I did everything in between. And I ain’t never go to jail for that ****.”

It wasn’t your fault you got arrested?

“It wasn’t my fault that we got caught,” he says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post

Old 02-05-2019, 06:43 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,947,032 times
How did he get convicted of a felony when he was 22, but nobody figured out he was here illegally?

Old 02-05-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
How did he get convicted of a felony when he was 22, but nobody figured out he was here illegally?
It's the government.

No one ever accused it of being efficient. *shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta