Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 07:06 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupastrany View Post
Dear Everybody,

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses and constructive criticism/feedback. After careful consideration and thought, I have decided to stay in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. This decision was made based on the fact that Atlanta, GA is not for me. I have no friends there except 4 hours east of Atlanta and no family. The drivers are also crazy too out there and it is like any other big city. I am a big fan of the kind of scenery we have in DFW. I only made this post because of two drivers that almost hit me within less than 30 seconds. I acted on impulse, and I apologize. I absolutely love DFW, and while there are some rude and mean people, it's not the majority. Compared to Phoenix, AZ, DFW is by far much friendlier both on foot and in the car. I also remembered why I left Arizona for Texas, to be closer to family. I actually recently checked out Oklahoma City, and I don't think I'll like smaller cities. I'm going to stay put in DFW.

This thread should be helpful for anyone who wants to live in Atlanta.

Kind regards,
Cupastrany
How about a move within the DFW area? I'm not too familiar with the area and I'm not sure if you specified where in the metro you live but from what I've heard Fort Worth is nicer than Dallas for living. Or how about somewhere a bit further from the metro like Waco?

Old 04-13-2024, 02:39 PM

9 posts, read 4,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
How about a move within the DFW area? I'm not too familiar with the area and I'm not sure if you specified where in the metro you live but from what I've heard Fort Worth is nicer than Dallas for living. Or how about somewhere a bit further from the metro like Waco?
Yes, I'm thinking of trying out a different suburb. I've always liked Fort Worth, as it's been so chill and people are really nice. It is where you will have people start a conversation with you in public. People definitely seem much more real and genuine in Fort Worth. I don't think I'd want to live in Waco, as I've visited and it was so boring. I like big cities and skyscrapers.

DFW does have a big edge compared to Phoenix, where i used to live. I am glad I moved here, but like anywhere else, it does have its own problems. Nowhere is perfect.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:23 AM

705 posts, read 444,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Nah that’s just your opinion.
Several posters have replied and agreed with me though

Old 04-15-2024, 11:14 AM

1,376 posts, read 927,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganderTexan View Post
Several posters have replied and agreed with me though
And several posters like myself disagree with this opinion.

Old 04-15-2024, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
And several posters like myself disagree with this opinion.
https://www.newgeography.com/content...e-over-atlanta

Old 04-15-2024, 02:10 PM

338 posts, read 299,477 times
Quote:
This article is from 2010.

We were in MN and we narrowed down our two places to move to DFW and Atlanta.
We liked them both. We made offers to buy homes in both cities.
DFW had a better economy, and better infrastructure. It had no state income taxes. We liked the interior of homes in DFW. They were many more modern homes in DFW. However lot sizes were small and there was a lack of greenery/trees planted in cities like Frisco, Plano, Prosper, Allen, etc.

Atlanta was greener, its airport was well connected, and we liked its location better as we could visit mountains and oceans in a relatively short time. Atlanta was not as hot in summer and not as cold in winter.
We have only been here for 9 months and don't regret moving to the North Atlanta area.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:24 PM

1,376 posts, read 927,370 times
Quote:
A 14-year-old article from a blog I never heard of.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:17 AM

23,461 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Consider the source(s).

Old 04-16-2024, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Is the stuff in the article true or not though? The writer was on point with everything.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,986,744 times
Quote:
Is the stuff in the article true or not though? The writer was on point with everything.
The whole point of the article is that Atlanta is reaching the end of its growth phase. 14 years later, we are the third fastest growing metro area by raw population.

Seems pretty not-on-point to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta