Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:22 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,068,152 times

Advertisements

Here's a good place to start.

www.100blackmen-atlanta.org

Old 09-05-2008, 10:37 AM

90 posts, read 412,575 times
Well one thing my successful friend mentioned was that its hard to find a "quality" black woman in Atlanta. According to him there are lots of highly educated women here, but to find someone who is just a low key good person is hard. I don't know about that because I'd put my friends in that category. He also said that a lot of the women are too materialistic, but he's rich so he might attract those women just because of what he does. Anyway OP it might to tough...but Oregon might be tougher. One great thing about Atlanta is that you will see educated black men if you go to the right places. Its refreshing...even if I can't touch I'm more than happy to look I'm sure that's not happening in Oregon....just really consider making such a big move for that reason alone.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 AM

263 posts, read 1,132,443 times
Just make sure you can cook some good soul food and them country boys will be all over you

Old 09-05-2008, 11:10 AM

44 posts, read 170,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth25 View Post
I'm moving from Oregon, there is a small amount of black ppl here. I'm looking for an area where there is single successful black men. I heard there are a lot in Atlanta.
What is your definition of "succesful"?

You'll save yourself a lot of heartache if you worry about your own success and concentrate on finding a man who will treat you the way you want to be treated, instead of one who's succesful.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:00 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip1980 View Post
just make sure you can cook some good soul food and them country boys will be all over you

roflmao.....

Old 09-05-2008, 02:08 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
The main issue I hear from black women about black men in Atlanta is that there are a lot of black men on the down low (DL). They hide the fact that they like men b/c they also sleep with women. That scares a lot of black women.
This is so overhyped it's giving me a gd headache. I worked in social services for a long time, trust me, MSM is nothing new, and is fairly prevalent EVERYWHERE.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:21 PM

257 posts, read 1,058,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmaican View Post
Well one thing my successful friend mentioned was that its hard to find a "quality" black woman in Atlanta. According to him there are lots of highly educated women here, but to find someone who is just a low key good person is hard. I don't know about that because I'd put my friends in that category. He also said that a lot of the women are too materialistic, but he's rich so he might attract those women just because of what he does. Anyway OP it might to tough...but Oregon might be tougher. One great thing about Atlanta is that you will see educated black men if you go to the right places. Its refreshing...even if I can't touch I'm more than happy to look I'm sure that's not happening in Oregon....just really consider making such a big move for that reason alone.
See, this is what I've always wondered. Although the numbers in Atlanta seem to favor the men, I still can't imagine it being that easy for them to find a high-quality woman to have a relationship with as opposed to a one night stand.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:32 PM

16 posts, read 100,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get out of my way View Post
What is your definition of "succesful"?

You'll save yourself a lot of heartache if you worry about your own success and concentrate on finding a man who will treat you the way you want to be treated, instead of one who's succesful.
My definition of a successful black man is someone who is educated and has done something with there education. Or a black man that is not Just over broke, Basically a man on my level. I’m not coming to Atlanta just because I want a successful back man. It’s because of the real estate business opportunities that are there to expand my business.

It’s nice to have someone that will treat you nice, but someone that’s not on your level will not understand you. Here in Oregon is a small population of black people all together, 5% of the population is made up of black and mixed black and white people. There is no such thing as southern hospitality here, there is no such thing as a successful black man here in Oregon dating or even talking to a black women, because of the media and how black women are betrayed.

Ooh yeah I can cook soul food lol my family is from the Louisiana.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 PM

16 posts, read 100,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmaican View Post
the "quality" of a person is what is most important. It will be refreshing to see men in general that will not look at you crazy when you have to ask them to open a door for you, or to take you to somewhere other then taco bell. when I was younger, I thought a good man was a man that would a least buy you a soda or open a door once in a while. I’m not just talking about money issues with the men here that are bad the people here just in general are not as nice as they are in south.
I would never move somewhere just to find a man that’s really sad.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:04 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,775,959 times
I live in Smyrna (just outside of Vinings), and about half the homes in my neighborhood ($300k+ homes) are black-owned.

The primarily black area with the richest people is Cascade (many $1 million + homes), though a lot of the metro has areas with many wealthy black communities such as Camp Creek Parkway (Nortwest of the perimeter), South Cobb County (Smyrna), and Stone Mountain. There are also many wealthy black men in Buckhead, however Buckhead is largely white along with most of North-Central Fulton County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta