Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:33 PM

360 posts, read 1,012,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Folks.. Please remember..

Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.
AMEN! I haven't warmed up to Atlanta yet, but I don't blame the city. That's just plain stupid. I'm just at a certain point in my life that I have certain likes and dislikes, and Atlanta has some of the dislikes. So what? It also has things I appreciate even if I'm not thrilled yet. Bottom line: I came here with my eyes wide-open. It's the height of arrogance for a person to expect a city to change for them! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,443,688 times
Dear members
Please refrain of personal bickering back and forth, because opinions (personal that is) vary greatly !
I did edit some unrelevant stuff out, which (in my opinion) contributes to absolutely nothing.
Please keep on topic, and mind the City-Data's terms of Service (ToS).
Keep it enjoyable for all of us...

Old 12-30-2008, 04:36 PM

96 posts, read 337,179 times
seems to me that when a place is truly great, you don't have to try so hard selling it to others. can't think of one post from those in l.a., nyc, or chicago trying to justify why their cities are so great. i think everyone can agree that atlanta is a good city, but i find it odd that someone has to say how much better it is compared to ms and al. to me, that is like a new yorker saying, "thank God we are not atlanta." guess it all comes down to being secure with who, and where, you are and not having to convince others that you are somehow better than them.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:58 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,456,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Look I use to live in Alabama, lived there for four years in Gadsden. Georgia brings in more money as a state than Mississippi and Alabama Combined. Georgia is also years ahead of them and everything is so much more advanced. Alabama and Mississippi is ranked in the top 10 for being a poor state. When I visit Alabama, it makes me like Georgia that much more, there's a reason that 170,000 people are moving here every year on average since 2000, versus 150,000 total for Alabama and the number on Mississippi is much worse.
Oh, I don't doubt it!
But if you drew an east-west line just below Macon, the rest of Georgia isn't much different from Alabama.
I like Atlanta a LOT - used to live there for a handful of years - but to compare Atlanta to its neighboring states is being unfair to all geographical areas.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:05 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,456,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
...thats all Alabama have is automotive jobs and they're assembly line because it doesn't take a high school diploma to repeat assembly everyday.
???
How did we ever survive until the automotive plants moved in?
There is other industry.
And I believe all the automotive plants require high school diplomas or GEDs.
It's those broad statements that dip you into the hot water!

Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 PM

207 posts, read 941,594 times
Atlanta is just Detroit south.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM

20 posts, read 84,070 times
awww yea.... ATL's got tha jobs, man. coca cola, home depot, cnn, georgia pacific, etc.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:21 PM

722 posts, read 3,320,861 times
not for long....lol

Old 03-06-2009, 06:32 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,745,176 times
Well, THANK GOD that there IS an ATLANTA!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 06:51 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,745,176 times
It would have been nice is Atlanta Metro was the: Atlanta/Savannah, GA Metro area. Imagine if Atlanta was only about 10 miles west of Savannah. Tybee Island would be in the Atlanta area, Stone Mountain would be wedged between Atlanta and Savannah cities. I'm sure Marta would stretch over to downtown Savannah. Atlanta would have it's two airports. Hilton Head would be a short drive away. Parties in Atlanta would include beach parties rather than congested street parties. Probably wouldn't have an issue with water being that the mouth of the Savannah River is there, AND it's close enough to the Ocean for desalinization plants. You would have Six Flags, Stone Mountain Park, Tybee Island, Atlantic Station, Buckhead, GA Aqaurium, World of Coke, Midtown Mile, Downtown Atlanta and Centennial Park, Forsyth Park, River Street, Hilton Head and Savannah's Historic district all in one area.
Would have been. Oh well. Back to reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta