Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 04:05 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,872,540 times

Advertisements

The Concord Mills area is nothing more than a suburban, traffic-choked strip of standard restaurants and retailers. It is not a center for nightlife by any means.

I can't speak about the spots in University because I never hung out there when I lived in Charlotte. I just really don't care too much for that part of town; waaaayyyy too sprawly for my tastes.

As far as nightlife getting "old" in Charlotte, I suppose one could say that about any city Charlotte's size, apart from the tourist-oriented cities. That's more of a function of Charlotte's size and not anything specific to the city itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 04:32 PM

644 posts, read 1,431,101 times
^^ I wouldn't consider Nashvilles nightlife dull and hackneyed quickly....or Charleston....or Savannah.....or St. Louis....or even Cincinnati....all cities I have visited quite frequently...and are imo peers with clt....so when you say its not anything specific to a city I disagree bc there are plenty of smaller or college cities with greater nightlife/social scenes than charlotte.....athens ga.....chapel hill....austin tx...college park md....tallahassee (sp?)...even patterson nj

Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 PM

Granted charleston and sav are bigger tourist destinations...just read that part of ur post

Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Granted charleston and sav are bigger tourist destinations...just read that part of ur post
Good, because I was just about to call you out for it, LOL. Nashville is also a bigger tourist destination and is built on the music industry.

As far as college towns, they are different beasts altogether and their nightlife almost exclusively caters to....the college crowd. I seriously doubt that people in their late 20's and beyond want to be around that type of crowd consistently; I know I don't.

St. Louis is a larger metro than Charlotte with about 1 million more people, so I don't exactly consider it a peer of Charlotte's. I've been to Cincinnati but haven't been out there, so I can't really comment on its nightlife. But I wouldn't think it would be drastically more different than Charlotte's.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:06 PM

649 posts, read 1,424,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
Just to make you happy when I go home this weekend I will go out to the lake and to university and write down all the happening spots in fact I will take pictures on my camera phone of this "little,quaint area and I will post them here. look dude i understand that yall think Charlotte is boring but again stop with the exagerrations and the BULL****
You do realize that metro Atlanta has that same mall(Discovery Mills) right? It may not be as packed as Charlottes version, but there is a reason for that. It's not the main attraction of the area. You mean to tell me a mall is the main attraction of NC? I see not much has changed since I moved from there. I guess that's better than back in the day when the local colleges and the gas stations were the spot LOL.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Charlotte doesnt have enough Ghetto Grandmothers to be considered a cool city! Trust Me on this!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:46 PM

Charlotte is the home of the prototype of ghetto grandmothers. I don't think everyone here is old enough to remember this though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8va59fMPZxU

Old 10-27-2010, 06:51 PM

I'm 26 I remember those commercials

Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
i can read. This thread has become terrible. I an sure i will get ridiculed. Lets shut the door on this........
you just got knocked the ____ out

Old 10-28-2010, 12:18 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Ok, then enlighten us on some of the “happening” clubs/jazz venues you’ve been to in downtown Atlanta?
You are so "sneaky".Its real sly how you always try and say "downtown" as if its a separate entity outside the city limits.You think no one notices so they automatically mention Midtown and Buckhead because they assume you mean all of Atlanta.Its only natural because those are our cities most popular areas.Charlotte is twice as big land wise and but truthfully its just not a good look to try and use downtown Atlanta by itself so that you can TRY and compete.If I were you I would not emphasize that because it only highlights the fact that Charlotte just does not cut it in the ranks of a "beta +" city like Atlanta.Even Downtown Atlanta by itself has more going on than all of Charlotte or the about the same a the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta