Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 01:37 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
Its like dealing with children. please close the thread Atlanta Gregg! Please!!!
Please stop posting exaggeartions on both the Atlanta and Charlotte forum. Please tell your Charlotte co-horts to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 03:08 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,711,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Wow you took the words RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH .....Drive around Charlotte any night around 10pm...and you'd think the city had been evacuated...lol. I actually called a club on Friday night (Bentley's RSVP) in Charlotte and they told me I had to get there at 9pm to enjoy the club....me being from Atlanta I don't arrive at the club until 11:30/12:00...so me being hard headed I got there at 11:00pm...to find droves of people leaving the club at 11:00pm..there was still a line outside..but any club that has about 30-50 people leaving at one time at 11...NO THANKS!!!!...Sad to say but Greensboro and High Point offer better nightlife venues.....and they have to follow the same State Laws so...that's no excuse for Charlotte.

Charlotte is nothing more than a medium city, with medium city amenities. Nothing special about Charlotte whatsoever!! Not bashing just stating the truth. When people think of Charlotte no one goes....ohhh and ahhhh!! I may be alone on this...but I just don't see Charlotte getting any bigger....maybe another 500,000 in the metro..but I think that's it....i don't think Charlotte will ever be on Atlanta's tier.
I totally agree with you.......

Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM

265 posts, read 330,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Sorry But its not Jumpin in Charlotte
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocNY View Post
I've lived in Charlotte for the past 2 years and there is nothing jumping here. The nightlife here a joke. Thank God I'm moving to Atlanta next week.
Quote:
Wow you took the words RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH .....Drive around Charlotte any night around 10pm...and you'd think the city had been evacuated...lol. I actually called a club on Friday night (Bentley's RSVP) in Charlotte and they told me I had to get there at 9pm to enjoy the club....me being from Atlanta I don't arrive at the club until 11:30/12:00...so me being hard headed I got there at 11:00pm...to find droves of people leaving the club at 11:00pm..there was still a line outside..but any club that has about 30-50 people leaving at one time at 11...NO THANKS!!!!...Sad to say but Greensboro and High Point offer better nightlife venues.....and they have to follow the same State Laws so...that's no excuse for Charlotte.
I'm not going to pretend that Charlotte is like New Orleans or Atlanta as far as nightlife is concerned, because it's not. The city isn't exactly known for nightlife, but I think it's pretty decent; it's certainly not non-existent like many here are making it out to be. Uptown in particular is most active Thursday-Saturday nights. Here are some YouTube clips during regular weekends in Uptown. Again, I'm not saying it's something awesomely spectacular, but I think we do well for ourselves here and it's getting better:

YouTube - urban charlotte

This isn't the full extent of Charlotte's nightlife, but it's pretty representative of a normal weekend in Uptown.

Quote:
Charlotte is nothing more than a medium city, with medium city amenities. Nothing special about Charlotte whatsoever!! Not bashing just stating the truth. When people think of Charlotte no one goes....ohhh and ahhhh!!
People say "ohhh and ahhh" when it comes to Charlotte being a very livable place. It would be awesome to have the nightlife and attractions of a place like New Orleans, but I'd take Charlotte's everyday quality of life any day of the week. I just think you're at the point in life where things like nightlife is just as or more important than career advancement, owning a home, and other quality of life issues. It's natural to feel like that when you're younger.

Quote:
I may be alone on this...but I just don't see Charlotte getting any bigger....maybe another 500,000 in the metro..but I think that's it....i don't think Charlotte will ever be on Atlanta's tier.
You're right in that Charlotte may not ever be on Atlanta's tier, and if so, I seriously doubt it will happen in any of our lifetimes, but what constitutes your basis of future population growth? Nightlife isn't the cause of growth; it's an effect. As long as a city continues to add jobs and provide a low cost of living, it will grow. And Charlotte is clearly continuing to do that.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM

I personally do not like Charlotte whatsoever.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon704 View Post
I'm not going to pretend that Charlotte is like New Orleans or Atlanta as far as nightlife is concerned, because it's not. The city isn't exactly known for nightlife, but I think it's pretty decent; it's certainly not non-existent like many here are making it out to be. Uptown in particular is most active Thursday-Saturday nights. Here are some YouTube clips during regular weekends in Uptown. Again, I'm not saying it's something awesomely spectacular, but I think we do well for ourselves here and it's getting better:

This isn't the full extent of Charlotte's nightlife, but it's pretty representative of a normal weekend in Uptown.

People say "ohhh and ahhh" when it comes to Charlotte being a very livable place. It would be awesome to have the nightlife and attractions of a place like New Orleans, but I'd take Charlotte's everyday quality of life any day of the week. I just think you're at the point in life where things like nightlife is just as or more important than career advancement, owning a home, and other quality of life issues. It's natural to feel like that when you're younger.

You're right in that Charlotte may not ever be on Atlanta's tier, and if so, I seriously doubt it will happen in any of our lifetimes, but what constitutes your basis of future population growth? Nightlife isn't the cause of growth; it's an effect. As long as a city continues to add jobs and provide a low cost of living, it will grow. And Charlotte is clearly continuing to do that.
Really, I would seriously like to know where is Charlotte adding jobs?? They have had one of the highest unemployment rates going. They are laying off at BOA.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Please stop posting exaggeartions on both the Atlanta and Charlotte forum. Please tell your Charlotte co-horts to do the same.

qc, you're no rose, as you have been highly exaggerated as well.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:02 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
Its like dealing with children. please close the thread Atlanta Gregg! Please!!!

Oh now you want it closed because its blowing up in your face... You should have never created this in the Atlanta forum.. Do you see us going to Charlotte forum asking them how they feel about Atlanta..

Old 09-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:

Charlotte is nothing more than a medium city, with medium city amenities. Nothing special about Charlotte whatsoever!! Not bashing just stating the truth. When people think of Charlotte no one goes....ohhh and ahhhh!! I may be alone on this...but I just don't see Charlotte getting any bigger....maybe another 500,000 in the metro..but I think that's it....i don't think Charlotte will ever be on Atlanta's tier.
Its Not Dead but it is A lil boring. As I find Alot of people from Charlotte coming here on the weekends to be entertain( especially the Gays). I know on the weekends I hit the bars first and then around 2:00am im off to the club.. Even though there is No entertainment District in Atlanta its is Jumpin as they put it lol

Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon704 View Post

Compared to this NO!! and this is just a few examples

YouTube - ATL Nightlife - WILL.I.AM DJ Set at Gold Room in Atlanta

YouTube - ATL Nightlife - Flo Rida LIVE at Opera Nightclub in Atlanta

YouTube - ATL Nightlife - Black Eyed Peas Official After Party - Havana Club Grand Opening

Old 09-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Those so called "party" vids of Charlotte, (Mayberry), are a joke compared to the ATL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta