Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,785 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I live in MN, am planning to move to Atlanta to attend Perimeter. Which campus is the best to attend? I heard that Dunwoody was a good choice. Also, if Dunwoody is the best choice, what area would you recommend that I begin apartment hunting in? I want to live in a safe but fun area also. I am 18 and moving without knowing a soul. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 07:34 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Make sure your classes at the campus you're considering- not all classes/programs are offered at all campuses.

My big question is, why Perimeter? Is there something spectacular/special about the school that's driving you to move so far to attend? I don't recall hearing anything about the school that would cause someone to do that.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:42 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrfpsfb View Post
Hi,
I live in MN, am planning to move to Atlanta to attend Perimeter. Which campus is the best to attend? I heard that Dunwoody was a good choice. Also, if Dunwoody is the best choice, what area would you recommend that I begin apartment hunting in? I want to live in a safe but fun area also. I am 18 and moving without knowing a soul. Thanks
This is your lucky day--your post reminded me of a previous thread.

Go Here>>>
Moving from Tampa to Dunwoody or Alpharetta. Need Help!

I would probably choose Dunwoody--closer to intown Atlanta and an easier area to navigate. There is a campus in Alpharetta and others can give you the FYI on that.

~~
What will you be studying at GA Perimeter? And where are you in MN?

LOL--Welcome to the South --We're friendly people here. I had a roommate 'ions' ago from MN. Had the best sense of humor. Tall as a Viking and beautiful. The only thing she didn't like about Atlanta was the lack of water. If you move to Dunwoody or Alpharetta you will be near the Chattahoochee River--lots of places to walk and maybe catch a fish or two.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 01-31-2009 at 08:05 AM..

Old 01-31-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Make sure your classes at the campus you're considering- not all classes/programs are offered at all campuses.

My big question is, why Perimeter? Is there something spectacular/special about the school that's driving you to move so far to attend? I don't recall hearing anything about the school that would cause someone to do that.
It's a good school, Bob. Lots of good things going on over there now. Lastminutemom can probably give you an update but they are doing a lot.

http://www.gpc.edu/

Old 01-31-2009, 08:18 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
It's a good school, Bob. Lots of good things going on over there now. Lastminutemom can probably give you an update but they are doing a lot.

Georgia Perimeter College
I realize it's a "good school"- I'm just curious what warrants moving over 1,000 miles to attend. Is there something there that's not available in MN? The way the OP's post was worded it was is if he/she is moving specifically to attend GPC- not moving to Atlanta and then looking to attend school.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I realize it's a "good school"- I'm just curious what warrants moving over 1,000 miles to attend. Is there something there that's not available in MN? The way the OP's post was worded it was is if he/she is moving specifically to attend GPC- not moving to Atlanta and then looking to attend school.
I'm certain the OP has her reasons. I know for a fact it is cold in MN and believe me that would be reason enough for me to leave. Look outside--jonquils blooming and it is sweater/jacket weather.

GA Perimeter/Dunwoody has an exceptionally good English program, tech courses and it is located in one of the best parts of Atlanta. I'd say she did some excellent research. Must be a progressive sort of person?

Old 01-31-2009, 09:57 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Why do students at any university or college choose a particular college...especially when it's not in the city, state, or country where the student lives? I guess it just depends on the person and what he/she is looking for in a school. Most colleges send out marketing information to high school juniors and seniors, so that is probably one way a student chooses an out of state school.

Georgia State has students from all 50 states and 160 countries...granted GSU is more well known than Perimeter, but certainly isn't a school with a national or international reputation like Georgia Tech or Emory.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:20 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrfpsfb View Post
Hi,
We need more info. What's your budget, what are you planning on studying, do you plan on working also, any kids, etc. Dunwoody has a beautiful campus, but ghod, traffic can be a complete nightmare in any direction during rush hour. As a young person, it's a good choice of location; closer intown and near major highways. You don't have to take classes only at that location either. So yes, Dunwoody is a good choice, but depending on your needs, another location could work better for you.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,605 times
I wonder why the OP has never returned to chat with us????????? I understand Bob being curious.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:03 PM

Probably shoveling snow?

LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: