Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:04 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,526,564 times

Advertisements

You may take a look at St Francis in Roswell. They are a small school and accomodate all kinds of learning differences and otherwise. They will only consider your child if they think they can help him. Compared to other private schools of this nature they are very affordable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,264 times
The Cottage School informed us that it doesn't accept autistic students, once that diagnosis is confirmed. We learned the hard way because our son really liked it, and the school's methods seemed exactly what he needed. His grades (mostly B's) and exemplary conduct weren't sufficient for TCS to make an exception. Mill Springs Academy told us that autism wasn't an automatic disqualifier, but after we'd applied and paid the application fee, he was turned down because he didn't score high enough on a standardized IQ test. After denying admission, the school said it didn't accept autistic students but sometimes took Asperger Syndrome students. I suggest you quiz officials rigorously at these two institutions before getting too deep into the process, especially if your child takes a liking to the school.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,902 times
Default Question

Amy, I came across your quote doing a random search on the internet. My 15 yr old son, Patrick, is a high functioning autistic. Although I live in Missoula, MT, my wife and son live in Scottsdale, AZ - where he attends a school for high functioning autistics called Gateway Academy and is in 8th grade. He has only been going there since Oct, having been pulled from public school in Missoula due to bullying.

The reason I am contacting you is I see you are a therapist at an autistic school in Atlanta and we have heard that there are some excellent autistic-related schools there. We have family in Atlanta and a move there is not out of the question - should we find the right school.

What schools might I check into? Do you need to know more info about Pat?

We are primarily looking for a school that will train him to work at a job, be on his own and achieve a high happiness level. He is not happy where he is right now.

Thank you for any information you might provide. Sorry to bother you. If you want, respond directly to my email: brucefuglei@gmail.com.

Bruce Fuglei

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLevitt View Post
I'm a therapist at Keystone Center for Children with Autism it's located off hembree rd in alpharetta. It is an amazing place!!
Keystone Center for Children with Autism

Old 05-04-2010, 05:41 AM

44 posts, read 99,991 times
I have a son going into 6th grade im in duluth im looking for a private school for him he is add,has a iep, anyone know of a good private school. he is in a regular class but is pull out for math,study skills he dosent take speech or ot

Old 05-05-2010, 09:26 PM

69 posts, read 206,892 times
I don't seem to find the tuition on these schools. Does anybody know how much per year they are?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Mill Springs and the Cottage School are both in the $16-$18,000 range.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLevitt View Post
I'm a therapist at Keystone Center for Children with Autism it's located off hembree rd in alpharetta. It is an amazing place!!
[URL="http://www.keystoneatlanta.org/"]Keystone Center for Children with Autism[/URL]
Hi Amy, I was on hembree road the other day and couldn't find Keystone school. Is the location still the same?

Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,318,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinaya0108 View Post
Hi Amy, I was on hembree road the other day and couldn't find Keystone school. Is the location still the same?
vinaya, that post was from several years ago, and I dont think that poster is active (only 1 post, no activity since 2009). The website for the center provided by amy seems to be active, perhaps look at their contact info and call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta