Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 02:23 PM

85 posts, read 224,501 times

Advertisements

I am moving back in 18 months. I am trying to decide on MD,NJ or CT. I am simply a northerner who hasn't adjusted. I have been here 9 years and it was basically so my children could have a slower paced upbringing. The youngest are almost through high school and I am ecstatic to leave.

I was just in NYC a few weeks back and as I was preparing to catch my flight back to Atlanta I almost cried so to me that is a sign.

Luckily I am going back for Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 02:27 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,697,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I'm no position to call you a liar, but in an earlier thread you said you lived 2 blocks from 10th street and Piedmont. Given that the Midtown station is 3 blocks from that location, you're max walk is 5 blocks. But even if it is an 8 block walk that's hardly a long distance.
no it's not. I live 2 blocks south east of Piedmont and 10th....

that should be about 6 blocks. 8 blocks was incorrect.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:31 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic View Post
I am moving back in 18 months. I am trying to decide on MD,NJ or CT. I am simply a northerner who hasn't adjusted. I have been here 9 years and it was basically so my children could have a slower paced upbringing. The youngest are almost through high school and I am ecstatic to leave.

I was just in NYC a few weeks back and as I was preparing to catch my flight back to Atlanta I almost cried so to me that is a sign.

Luckily I am going back for Thanksgiving!
There is nothing like going home...every time I go to North Carolina I want to stay, even though I love living in Atlanta and have lived here for 20 years. I'm glad you're getting your wish.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
but may I ask why so much more so with Atlanta then other cities do people do this?

I wonder......... what is it with "the A".......

maybe this should be another thread topic?
It happens in every city's threads on this site. Chicago, L.A., NYC, Miami, etc...they all get a few people who lurk around their threads and post undue criticism.

Some cities get more than others...but you can't blame the residents for the arguments. There are a lot of misconceptions about Atlanta and other cities, and some people are just determined to perpetuate them.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:55 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
No, I didnt...Please enlighten me 'oh great wise one'..

Relax,

Read the post over, think about it...and without sounding too arrogant, I am exposed to enough varieties of Latinos in South Florida when I am there to know the vast differences between them (not counting trips to Central and South America in my lifetime, oh and living in NYC having friends that were Puerto Rican, Dominicans, Columbians, Cubans etc). Need I say more?

I hope you were being facetious, cause I was... (And btw,she was saying that they weren't her cup of tea, meaning that's all she saw (not enough latin diversity in Atlanta for her), so I made a comment of that).
LMAO..... smh...

Old 11-12-2009, 02:58 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
It happens in every city's threads on this site. Chicago, L.A., NYC, Miami, etc...they all get a few people who lurk around their threads and post undue criticism.

Some cities get more than others...but you can't blame the residents for the arguments. There are a lot of misconceptions about Atlanta and other cities, and some people are just determined to perpetuate them.
Not all of the criticism about Atlanta are baseless, though. Just as with other cities, Atlanta has some issues that it needs to address, and I personally find the flat denial that comes from some folks here on C-D to be rather annoying.

I don't care that Atlanta isn't like where I came from. In fact, I like that for the most part. But look at what's happening to the water bills in the City of Atlanta. There isn't a good excuse for that in my book. None at all.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:01 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
You're right. We've all gone off topic.

Now, to those who want to return to the northeast, please answer the questions I asked a few pages ago.
MOst if not all that said they are returning to the NE already stated why. But besides the fact that it really doesnt matter since there wont be an agreement on the views/experiences anyhow.

Not specifically talking to you MisterNY............When first reading this thread I didnt take this as an "I hate Atlanta" thread so I dont know why or how its turned out to be that. The OP wants to know who is from the NE and of that group who is returning back to the NE. All the drama bickering and arguing isnt really needed.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Not all of the criticism about Atlanta are baseless, though. Just as with other cities, Atlanta has some issues that it needs to address, and I personally find the flat denial that comes from some folks here on C-D to be rather annoying.

I don't care that Atlanta isn't like where I came from. In fact, I like that for the most part. But look at what's happening to the water bills in the City of Atlanta. There isn't a good excuse for that in my book. None at all.
Of course not all criticism is baseless...it's very easy to distinguish between comments that have merit and ones that don't.

People that criticize Atlanta aren't usually talking about things like water bills...you know that. If they are, then they usually know what they are talking about. It's not hard to pick out the ones who have no idea what they're saying and obviously know nothing about the city - i.e. TROLLLS.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
MOst if not all that said they are returning to the NE already stated why. But besides the fact that it really doesnt matter since there wont be an agreement on the views/experiences anyhow.

Not specifically talking to you MisterNY............When first reading this thread I didnt take this as an "I hate Atlanta" thread so I dont know why or how its turned out to be that. The OP wants to know who is from the NE and of that group who is returning back to the NE. All the drama bickering and arguing isnt really needed.
Some people, like Optimistic (post #111), can make comments without being so offensive. Some people can't. Those are the ones that cause the arguments in these threads.

You can't really expect to have a thread in the Atlanta section and not have Atlanta people read it...and some of the posts definitely called for responses from people who know the city.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Some people, like Optimistic (post #111), can make comments without being so offensive. Some people can't. Those are the ones that cause the arguments in these threads.

You can't really expect to have a thread in the Atlanta section and not have Atlanta people read it...and some of the posts definitely called for responses from people who know the city.
Agreed I do see threads that are to provoke you guys.

But honestly lets be real here. Most of the things said on Cd would not be said in person. Most are on this site to kill time, have nothing better to do, or are addicted(lol) in the first place. So if ppl are seeing that creating a thread is going to get a rise out of most and have like 1000 posts in it everytime...whats preventing these trolls from coming on here and continuing to troll? Nothing. I see alot of ignorant things on here (not just Atlanta but CD period) and 75% of it I dont even post in anymore. I read a few threads and reply to even fewer. I dont have time to argue with fools.....threads die quicker if ppl stop posting in them. JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta