Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 04:56 PM

220 posts, read 622,855 times

Advertisements

FISHING WONDERLAND STILL COMING: Bass Pro Shops folks tell me that they'll start building after the developers give them their concrete foundation.
They are the headline tenant for the Village at Riverwatch near Interstate 20.
The deadline to have the slab ready is November. Give them a year to get the place built.

The VAR will be the largest lifestyle center in the state of georgia. Costco, Belk, Bass pro shops, Movie tavern, Starplex cinemas, pizza extreme, 100 speciality stores, large format retail, and two hotels. Opening late 2009

Wheeler town park located on I-20 and wheeler rd in augusta.
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Telfair station located in downtown
This is yet another development option along Augusta's canal. The plan is to build apartments, shops, and offices all centered around the canal. His model even shows the proposed new courthouse and a James Brown cafe and museum.

Last edited by Yac; 09-01-2008 at 07:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 06:03 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
VAR the largest in the state of Georgia? HAHAHA. Ever heard of Atlantic Station in Atlanta?

Old 07-28-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
VAR the largest in the state of Georgia? HAHAHA. Ever heard of Atlantic Station in Atlanta?

VAR will larger than atlantic station

Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeme View Post
You really don't know anything do you? Don't worry though. I'll make sure you know the truth now though:

Upon completion, estimated for 2007, Atlantic Station is projected to include 15 million square feet of retail, office, residential and hotel space plus 11 acres of public parks.

Atlantic Station shopping a retail rush for city - Atlanta Business Chronicle:

How many square feet is Village at Riverwatch again?

Old 07-28-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
You really don't know anything do you? Don't worry though. I'll make sure you know the truth now though:

Upon completion, estimated for 2007, Atlantic Station is projected to include 15 million square feet of retail, office, residential and hotel space plus 11 acres of public parks.

Atlantic Station shopping a retail rush for city - Atlanta Business Chronicle:

How many square feet is Village at Riverwatch again?

A lifestyle center doesn't have residential and office space. So atlantic station is not one. Therefore VAR will be the largest in the state. Telfair station and the forum augusta which are being built are more like atlantic station. Both include retail, office space, and residential.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:38 PM

I can't agree or disagree with that. I need to know how many square feet VAR will it be.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:42 PM

937 posts, read 865,124 times
Quote:
I can't agree or disagree with that. I need to know how many square feet VAR will it be.
It's about 900,000 square feet.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443 View Post
It's about 900,000 square feet.
That's nice. Still doesn't beat Magnolia Park here though. Any site plan for VAR?

Old 07-28-2008, 06:54 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,036,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeme View Post
What have you been smoking?? Have you been to Atlantic Station?? This VAR project is no where on that scale.. no where even close to it. Those pictures you post are old.. and few ppl believe the final outcome will look anything like that. The Augusta mall snagged many of their prospective tenants.. so the project has been on the back burner while they completely rework it..
And there is no such project as Telfair Station.. A cpl of local hobbyists built a model of a fantasy project they envisioned for downtown. I saw the spot on the news about that..these ppl were not develpoers.. just a cpl of guys who enjoy constructing paper mache models.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:01 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,036,497 times
Quote:
Just ignore judgeme or juicy or whatever appellation johndoeboy is using now.. He use to do this all the time.. posting these grandiose exaggerations about Augusta.
A lifetsyle center is a fluid term.. but the idea behind it is that it's not just a retail center.. but is a mixed use development incorporating retail, restaurants, nightlife, and office space... and Atlatic station definately fits the bill. Considering that this VAR thing has been in limbo for 2 years now (I mean they haven't built a thing on the site and it was supposed to be open for business by now) who know when and if it ever is built.. But I suspect the developers are downscaling it...they even said in a press release that it would include less retail than originally planned. I'm sure the next post we will see is that Augusta is getting the world's tallest building and the world's largest indoor skiing facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area