Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:56 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,095,909 times

Advertisements

The building boom is upon us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 04:58 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The building boom is upon us.
I just finished eating Mexican food, so at least one type of boom is upon us...

Old 01-13-2010, 05:07 PM

Just ride around the city. Augusta changes everyday.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 PM

Nortonguy, for the record, I love this city and all it has to offer, I am exited that the city seems to finally be on a progressive track and seems to be growing very well and at a quick pace, but I also accept the fact that it still has it's share of problems and bad areas just like any other city, and I tend to tire of your sometimes frequent gross exaggeration of the facts.

All cities have good areas and bad areas, it's a fact of life, but you try to cover up the negative by exaggerating the positives and sometimes making completely fabricated claims that can't be backed up, making the entire area and its inhabitants seem like a joke to outsiders, for example, at the beginning of this thread you stated that the cities population was already over 200K when that simply is not true. It's fine if you only want to talk about the positives of this city, that's great! We need someone to do that, but you have to draw the line when you start misleading people and spreading around false information. I try to be as realistic as possible in my posts, praising and talking about the good things happening while also acknowledging the things that need improvement.

Last edited by EastsideDave; 01-13-2010 at 05:29 PM..

Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Just ride around the city. Augusta changes everyday.
Every day? Most cities change over a period of time, but even the fastest-growing cities don't change every day.

You're giving people negative perceptions about Augusta by making unreasonable claims about the city. I can't figure out why someone who loves his/her city would bring such negative attention to it.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Every day? Most cities change over a period of time, but even the fastest-growing cities don't change every day.

You're giving people negative perceptions about Augusta by making unreasonable claims about the city. I can't figure out why someone who loves his/her city would bring such negative attention to it.
What is my unreasonable claims?

Saint Sebastian changes everday. The construction around MCG changes everyday. The construction near washington rd/i-20 exit changes everyday.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
Nortonguy, for the record, I love this city and all it has to offer, I am exited that the city seems to finally be on a progressive track and seems to be growing very well and at a quick pace, but I also accept the fact that it still has it's share of problems and bad areas just like any other city, and I tend to tire of your sometimes frequent gross exaggeration of the facts.

All cities have good areas and bad areas, it's a fact of life, but you try to cover up the negative by exaggerating the positives and sometimes making completely fabricated claims that can't be backed up, making the entire area and its inhabitants seem like a joke to outsiders, for example, at the beginning of this thread you stated that the cities population was already over 200K when that simply is not true. It's fine if you only want to talk about the positives of this city, that's great! We need someone to do that, but you have to draw the line when you start misleading people about the facts. I try to be realistic in my posts by praising and talking about the good things happening while also acknowledging the things that need improvement.
Dude please!
What have i over exaggerated about. Please provide the information. Because I provided a article everytime. The article says Augusta economy is going to double. You're still telling me it won't though. Even though I provided you with the article. You said SRS, NSA, Plant Vogtle have no affect on population. When SRS has been hiring since may 2009. Plant Vogtle has workers now. And the NSA opens in 2010. You said Saint Sebastian was built not because of population increase. Yet I showed you a article that said. One of the main reason its getting built. Is because of Augusta's population growth.

Just because you don't want to believe the facts i post. Don't get mad at me.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 PM

Eastside Dave its 2010. Augusta is over 200,000. The last census was from 2008. I was talking about the population in 2010.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Augusta city is already above 200,000. Im thinking 208k-210,000. The lastest census was from July 2008. Richmond county is probably 216k.
THAT is what I call a gross exaggeration! Actually, that's not an exaggeration, that's a downright lie! Augusta's population has NOT grown over 6,000 people in just 2 years! ESPECIALLY since from 2000-2008 the population decreased by 1000!!! The decline in population HAS stopped, but we are not experiencing the type of growth that would increase the population that much in just 2 years!!!

Here's an example: It took the city of Charleston 8 YEARS to see it's population increase by 6000, and they're getting a Boeing plant!

Old 01-13-2010, 05:34 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
What is my unreasonable claims?

Saint Sebastian changes everday. The construction around MCG changes everyday. The construction near washington rd/i-20 exit changes everyday.
Do you notice that when you post something ridiculous, as in this and other threads like it, NO ONE agrees with you? Doesn't that give you some kind of clue?

I wouldn't equate construction progress with "Augusta changes every day". It's this kind of outlandish claim that irritates people. It's fine to love your city, but please get the hint.

Last edited by DeaconJ; 01-13-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area