Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:21 AM

1,138 posts, read 2,696,204 times

Advertisements

Well, if you aren't going to read my 'long' post, then why should I even bother reading yours? I'll keep my points separate and short since you seem to be unable to read longer paragraphs...

When I edit my posts, I NEVER change the content, I only change grammar and wording so that it sounds better, something you might try doing once in a while because you have horrible sentence structure.

And yes, the population has declined when you look at the total population from the 2000 census and from the 2008 estimates, the 2008 numbers show the city population at 1000 less people than in 2000, the city lost a lot of people in the early 2000's and only recently have we begun growing again.

And you are so quick to criticize me for citing the things I see in the media, when the majority of your sources come from the exact same media! So it's bad for me to form an opinion on something based on news coverage of it, but it's OK for you do it, that doesn't seem fair!

And again, you have no idea where I spend my time, I have never once said where I live, work, or play in the city of Augusta. For all you know, I could live in Laney Walker and work in Harrisburg. So you claiming that my opinions of these areas is completely ridiculous when you have no idea how much or how little I know about an area.

And about me saying that Cherry Tree was in Laney Walker, I said that I made a mistake and that it was in Bethlehem. You keep arguing with me about that. I guess you're just made that someone disagreed with you about something. The City-Data map of Bethlehem clearly includes Cherry Tree, end of story, YOU ARE WRONG.

The purpose of those millions of dollars for Laney Walker and Bethlehem is for renovations of dilapidated homes and building of new homes. So my claims that they are renovating old homes is wrong? Hmmm....

And when people from out of town come on here and ask if there are any areas they should avoid, I give them honest answers. I am general with them, when someone asked, I said they should avoid Harrisburg and East Augusta. That's because in general, these places have more 'bad' parts than 'good' parts. I suppose you want me to list specific addresses when I post.

I don't visit some of these places, including Harrisburg, who would when they see things on the news about gunshots ringing through the neighborhood. Just because I don't hang out there on a daily basis doesn't mean I don't know anything about that area, it's just the opposite, I probably know more about the history and goings on of Augusta than you do.

The reason why I argue with you is because you always try to misrepresent Augusta as this perfect, ever-growing utopia when in reality it isn't. Don't get me wrong, I love living here, and this city has tons to offer. But it has faults, it has bad neighborhoods, it has struggles. It's fine if you only want to talk about the positives in your posts, but don't start arguing with me or anyone else (which you always do) when they say something needs improvement or when they say something is wrong with the city. Like one time I said that the streets downtown needed to be paved, others agreed with me, you come up with some wild unsupported claim saying that Broad street's going to be repaved this year, I'm still waiting on that. The fact of the matter is this, Augusta is struggling, and has been for the past 30+ years, only recently has that appeared to turn around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,278 times
Has a General Contractor been selected ?

Old 02-15-2011, 04:26 PM

11 posts, read 16,700 times
I took a trip down riverwatch pkwy about a week ago i always wondered what the river views would look like from back there the kroc center blends in well with the mills as seen from the parkway sceen the canal back there during boys club walking trips along the canal it is nice to see how the Kroc is transforming the area that it is located in were did the What a Burger that was on the corner there move to area there any left in Augusta used to go there for lunch as a kid during summer camp at the Boys club.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,107,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treman View Post
I took a trip down riverwatch pkwy about a week ago i always wondered what the river views would look like from back there the kroc center blends in well with the mills as seen from the parkway sceen the canal back there during boys club walking trips along the canal it is nice to see how the Kroc is transforming the area that it is located in were did the What a Burger that was on the corner there move to area there any left in Augusta used to go there for lunch as a kid during summer camp at the Boys club.
The original Broad street Burgers location was demolished to make room for the new Kroc Center. The business moved to 1944 Walton Way in a plaza..

Old 02-15-2011, 06:35 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,696,204 times
And there are no What-a-Burger locations in the CSRA anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area