Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2011, 07:38 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,097,205 times

Advertisements

Drivers will have a new tool to help with the commute to and from work. Richmond County's Traffic Engineering department is working on a website that will let you tune into traffic cameras. It's scheduled to launch March 1. The new website will have camera view on a user-friendly layout, and with a click of the mouse, you'll be able to see what the road looks like from your computer. "We're going to try to get a map application like Google Maps, like on a camera view, and look at that area," Cassell said.

Engineers say they want to put up more cameras and expand the project to Wrightsboro and Gordon Hwy once funding becomes available.
Online traffic cameras coming to Augusta

There are 12 cameras installed along Washington road...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 08:46 PM

92 posts, read 234,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
I saw that there were threads devoted to downtown development and construction, so I figured I'd start one where we could share news about development happening in the entire city/county and metro area.

To start things off, I saw this on the agenda for next weeks committee meetings: polkyellowsheet

"Janksowski Properties LLC is in the process of completing a master plan for a 306 acre tract on the Savannah River just upstream from the Lock and Dam. The plan includes a marina, some commercial development and potentially 500 residential units."
Whats happening with the Augusta watermark project?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:02 AM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,607 times
It's dead...it was conceived right at the start of the economic downturn...the developer couldn't get financing.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapwizard View Post
Whats happening with the Augusta watermark project?
The watermark site is located downtown on the Riverwalk.. The watermark is completely diffrent from the development you quoted for South Augusta near the airport..

Old 02-26-2011, 12:26 PM

I notice several trucks inside of the empty acres on Jimmie Dyess near the Zaxbys.... There's a very tiny old access road located off Jimmie Dyess Parkway that enters the property.... I think 25 acre shopping might be about to start construction...
Planning & Zoning - Project Search Details

I reported a while back a large mix-use development(Dyess Park) will be built along Jimmie Dyess park.. The Jimmie Dyess Pkwy/Gordon Hwy Corridor is really starting to take off.
4130 Madeline Drive, Augusta, GA, 30909 - Commercial/Other (land) Property for Sale on LoopNet.com

4003 Harper-Franklin Avenue, Augusta, GA, 30909 - Strip Center Property for Lease on LoopNet.com

Old 02-26-2011, 12:31 PM

On a side note.... The old Winn Dixie shopping center at the intersection of Peach Orchard/Bungalow rd is being renovated... Along with the Village West Plaza on I-520 in West Augusta/Martinez...

The 18k sq. ft. shopping center on Cherry street in West Augusta is also under construction.. The street is located of Washington road next to California Dreaming....

Old 02-26-2011, 03:56 PM

250 posts, read 580,519 times
hey nort, any idea whats going in the old toyota dealership on washington road in front of the bowling alley?i see that the for sale sign has a SOLD sticker on it.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:21 PM

Whitmans, I'm not exactly sure what they're building...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I notice several trucks inside of the empty acres on Jimmie Dyess near the Zaxbys.... There's a very tiny old access road located off Jimmie Dyess Parkway that enters the property.... I think 25 acre shopping might be about to start construction...

I reported a while back a large mix-use development(Dyess Park) will be built along Jimmie Dyess park.. The Jimmie Dyess Pkwy/Gordon Hwy Corridor is really starting to take off.
4130 Madeline Drive, Augusta, GA, 30909 - Commercial/Other (land) Property for Sale on LoopNet.com

4003 Harper-Franklin Avenue, Augusta, GA, 30909 - Strip Center Property for Lease on LoopNet.com
I rode through Southwest Augusta aka SWAG today and decided to turn onto the access road located on Jimmie Dyess Parkway... There's several large bulldozers and trucks all around the property... The bulldozers were busy clearing the surrounding acres of land.. I asked one of the construction workers what they're building.. He replied they're in charge of clearing the land and the property will be developed once they're done... I'm starting to feel more confident the property is the 25 acre shopping center....

It would be great if somebody can take a picture of the site... The access road is located on the same side as the Zaxby's.. If you're making a right onto Jimmie Dyess Parkway coming from Gordon Hwy.. The access road is about 15 seconds from the Jimmie Dyess/Gordon Hwy intersection...

Old 02-27-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmans77 View Post
hey nort, any idea whats going in the old toyota dealership on washington road in front of the bowling alley?i see that the for sale sign has a SOLD sticker on it.
I did some further research and found out the property was sold at the end of January...

Car Dar Ga Aug LLC to FA Properties LLC, 7.29 acres, on the north side of Washington Road, 3069 Washington Road, Easements, $4,300,000

3069 Washington Road, Augusta, GA, 30907 - Vehicle Related Property for Sale on LoopNet.com

Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 AM

250 posts, read 580,519 times
thanks nort. you are the research king
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area