Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 998 times

Advertisements

Hey, Registered Nurse with horses, one rescue that will soon be rehomed. looking for a rental house with property, will be transfering to the new Forest Park hospital ICU. Need at least 3 bedrooms, nothing really fancy, but nice barn please! 2 +bathrooms, outside dogs x2. Will want to buy in the near future so lease for 2 years would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 10:45 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,856,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiefollman View Post
Hey, Registered Nurse with horses, one rescue that will soon be rehomed. looking for a rental house with property, will be transfering to the new Forest Park hospital ICU. Need at least 3 bedrooms, nothing really fancy, but nice barn please! 2 +bathrooms, outside dogs x2. Will want to buy in the near future so lease for 2 years would be great.
Budget?
Commute drive?
Are schools a concern?

They advertise the hospital as "west Austin" on the website, but it's AW Grimes and Louis Henna Blvd, which is really east Round Rock. Good news is it's a heck of a lot closer to horse-friendly properties than west Austin.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:29 AM

53 posts, read 61,798 times
There are some houses in my neighborhood for sale and have horse barns. I live in Leander, the neighborhood is called Ridgmar landing.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:30 AM

53 posts, read 61,798 times
BTW, I am thinking of selling but only have 2.5 acres and no barn but one could be built on the property, PM me if you are interested.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:24 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Wow, they're calling A.W. Grimes and Louis Henna west Austin? That's so wrong it's scary.

debbiefollman, RoadWarrior12's questions are important. Also, how many horses, what discipline (Western, English, dressage, driving, trail riding, pasture buddies), can they stay out with appropriate shelter or do you require that they be stalled either all the time or at night, the usual horsey drill, in other words.

From that location, you'd want to be looking east towards Hutto/Taylor area, I'd think, based on what's likely to be available. Horse properties for lease are rare, but sometimes the grapevine will turn up something.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:19 PM

88 posts, read 106,346 times
There are quite a few great areas in Dripping, Driftwood, and Wimberley that fit the bill. Several boarding properties too. Wimberley has a great little town with shops and cafés. Dripping is cute too. You have great choices!

Old 12-02-2014, 11:35 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,856,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzydogrnch View Post
There are quite a few great areas in Dripping, Driftwood, and Wimberley that fit the bill. Several boarding properties too. Wimberley has a great little town with shops and cafés. Dripping is cute too. You have great choices!
You may want to actually pay attention to a potential client's needs and location prior to chipping in with "your" area(s) you're pushing to sell. They work in Round Rock, which is a damn long way from any of the areas you've suggested.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:13 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,531,984 times
If the OP wants to stay within an hour of downtown and find a favorable terrain/geology for grazing and relative flatness, I would look South, East, NE and SE. Lockhart, Manchaca, East RR, Hutto, Elgin, Buda, and Bastrop come to mind.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:42 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner77 View Post
If the OP wants to stay within an hour of downtown and find a favorable terrain/geology for grazing and relative flatness, I would look South, East, NE and SE. Lockhart, Manchaca, East RR, Hutto, Elgin, Buda, and Bastrop come to mind.
Neither the OP back in 2010 or the Registered Nurse who just posted said anything about downtown that I can find. The current inquirer will be working in Round Rock.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:00 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,531,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Neither the OP back in 2010 or the Registered Nurse who just posted said anything about downtown that I can find. The current inquirer will be working in Round Rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipersey View Post
I have been dying and dreaming to live there my whole life, but we dont have a million bucks. My question is, is there any area in Austin or surrounding that is like this?
The OP inquired about living in Austin, so I referenced downtown, because that is the most non-biased point of reference I can use for "Austin" that covers every direction. Should I use the entire periphery of the Austin metro as a point of reference? because that would extend the OP's range to places like Temple, La Grange, or San Antonio. At that point the OP should post this in the SA or Texas forum.

Last edited by sojourner77; 12-03-2014 at 09:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin