Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 04:39 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,120,327 times

Advertisements

I had a high school teacher just up and disappear out of the blue. Later on, we found out that allegations had been made against him by a student and I guess they just let him go. The whole thing was handled very quietly by the school administrators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 PM

12,949 posts, read 13,339,664 times
A long time typing teacher at one of my schools quietly disappeared suddenly.

Seems that she was testifying to a federal Grand Jury investigating her brother and got caught perjuring herself. She went to a federal perison and lost her teaching certificate.

That case was also handled quietly.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:16 PM

6 posts, read 12,545 times
Why do you care? You clearly have no knowledge or reason to care other than the fact that you just want the latest news. People fail to remember these are people's lives that are being ruined by this, weather the alligations are true or not this teacher's reputation is ruined. Anyone who knows this teacher knows that the whole story is not being reported and is most likely a load of bull. This is the media, do you honestly think they have all the facts?
Unless this directly effects you, I advise you just stay out of it. This may be interesting to you but these are real people with families that are actually having their lives turned upside down.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:51 PM

37 posts, read 63,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoV3 View Post
Why do you care? You clearly have no knowledge or reason to care other than the fact that you just want the latest news. People fail to remember these are people's lives that are being ruined by this, weather the alligations are true or not this teacher's reputation is ruined. Anyone who knows this teacher knows that the whole story is not being reported and is most likely a load of bull. This is the media, do you honestly think they have all the facts?
Unless this directly effects you, I advise you just stay out of it. This may be interesting to you but these are real people with families that are actually having their lives turned upside down.
So if you know the whole story isn't being reported, what is the whole story? According to the news article and AISD, the teacher resigned after the allegations came forward. There was a warrant served at the house to seize items. Skype messages were found. This teacher's life should be ruined if they did something like this. I have no sympathy for this person whatsoever. I do hope the APD is pursuing this case and that this so called teacher never teaches again.

I'd really like to know what you know. Are you perhaps a Bowie student?

Old 06-12-2011, 12:12 AM

6 posts, read 12,545 times
To answer your question, I am a former Bowie student. I would like to point out that no charges were ever filed, which further goes to prove my point that this was all false allegations. If they truly found such things that they had claimed to find, repercussions would have been taken. Furthermore, of course he resigned. A teacher cannot effectively teach without the respect of his students, especially in high school, so how on earth would he have stuck around after that. It saddens me that people are so quick to judge and assume the worst. Now a man’s life and reputation have been shattered and his family name dragged through the mud, and all over what? An allegation by a teacher who didn’t have all of her facts straight. Bowie is a great school, this teacher is in no way the man the media painted him to be, and if you had any clue about how great of a teacher and person he is then I can guarantee you, even you would be outraged at how poorly this situation was handled.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoV3 View Post
To answer your question, I am a former Bowie student. I would like to point out that no charges were ever filed, which further goes to prove my point that this was all false allegations. If they truly found such things that they had claimed to find, repercussions would have been taken. Furthermore, of course he resigned. A teacher cannot effectively teach without the respect of his students, especially in high school, so how on earth would he have stuck around after that. It saddens me that people are so quick to judge and assume the worst. Now a man’s life and reputation have been shattered and his family name dragged through the mud, and all over what? An allegation by a teacher who didn’t have all of her facts straight. Bowie is a great school, this teacher is in no way the man the media painted him to be, and if you had any clue about how great of a teacher and person he is then I can guarantee you, even you would be outraged at how poorly this situation was handled.
I'm sorry but I know for a fact this teacher is guilty. Obviously he convinced people that he wasn't. He resigned and gave up his license immediately. No innocent person would do this. He is a liar. There is evidence and hopefully the police will find it because it is STILL an active investigation. Thank you very much!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:03 AM

110 posts, read 310,704 times
Who cares if someone has a relationship with someone else? even if it is a teacher and student? Why does it matter? The student probably wanted it just as much as the teacher did

Old 06-12-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidak-apa View Post
Who cares if someone has a relationship with someone else? even if it is a teacher and student? Why does it matter? The student probably wanted it just as much as the teacher did
Because it's a second degree felony to have relations with your student. You obviously aren't a parent. This is disgusting. There is an issue of trust between teacher and parent. She was 17, legal in Texas but not legal because it was student/teacher. If it started at 16 then it's a whole different ballgame. Your post is completely ridiculous!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 AM

3,787 posts, read 6,999,707 times
Quote:
I can think of two, to answer your question of "who cares?": the parents of the underage child and the law. I'm sure there are more.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:36 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,059,327 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: off topic/personal If I sent my son off to high school and found out that a woman or man twice his age was involved with him, I'd be livid. There is too much opportunity for exploitation when you are talking a 17 year old and a thirty something aged person. Seventeen years isn't that big of a deal when you are talking 57-40 but when you are talking 17 - 35 that's just sick and exploitative. Not to mention the power differential - can you really say the kid willingly consented if the teacher is in a position of power. I think it's smarmy when professors carry on relationships with their undergrad students, but at least at that point, the student is legally an adult.

Last edited by Bo; 06-13-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin