Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Aside from TCBY and the Alamo, the shopping center is a bit of a disappointment. I thought Chipotle or Pei Wei would come in. A Jason's Deli would be great too. But, it is the same old, same old, nail place, mattresses????, wireless, dentist, dry cleaners, blah blah blah! Awful!
That's too bad. But hang on...eventually there will be a "We Buy Gold" storefront!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 PM

979 posts, read 2,955,769 times
Parking here seems to have gotten much worse since Alamo South Lamar closed. I assume Slaughter is getting a significant number of people who used to go to the old theater. They definitely need more spaces. It is going to be a zoo once the summer movies come out.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:41 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Aside from TCBY and the Alamo, the shopping center is a bit of a disappointment. I thought Chipotle or Pei Wei would come in. A Jason's Deli would be great too. But, it is the same old, same old, nail place, mattresses????, wireless, dentist, dry cleaners, blah blah blah! Awful!
I totally agree. The center is almost totally useless to us. We are really disappointed that no restaurant ever came in (other that a rather poor pizza place.) And an AT&T store, when they are all over the place? What a waste.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 AM

2,185 posts, read 6,435,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I totally agree. The center is almost totally useless to us. We are really disappointed that no restaurant ever came in (other that a rather poor pizza place.) And an AT&T store, when they are all over the place? What a waste.
We ate at Z Pizza once and never went back. I imagine they won't last long in that location.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 AM

675 posts, read 1,905,400 times
The Alamo Slaughter Lane is great, but the shopping center is unbelievably lame and disappointing. My guess / hope is that it will follow the life cycle of Arbor Trails (on William Cannon). If you remember, when that place opened up, the rent was so expensive that it only attracted big national bank chains, a 'Village Inn' diner (national chain) the Cheddars, and other nameless, faceless national chains. Over time, they all folded and were finally replaced by Kirby Lane, Double Dave's, Chuy's, Whole Foods... I remember that I called Kirby Lane's management when Arbor Trails opened, and asked them if they would consider locating there. One of them told me "We did look at it, but it's ridiculously overpriced." Eventually, they must have worked something out after the big bank-loan funded chains folded. Now, business is booming for the local places.

I don't know if the same forces are in play down in Circle C, but I hope eventually we'll get the Z Tejas and other good stuff they were hoping for. As far as national chains go, a Chipotle would be fantastic. But seriously, why a nail salon and an AT&T Store?

Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
The Alamo Slaughter Lane is great, but the shopping center is unbelievably lame and disappointing. My guess / hope is that it will follow the life cycle of Arbor Trails (on William Cannon). If you remember, when that place opened up, the rent was so expensive that it only attracted big national bank chains, a 'Village Inn' diner (national chain) the Cheddars, and other nameless, faceless national chains. Over time, they all folded and were finally replaced by Kirby Lane, Double Dave's, Chuy's, Whole Foods... I remember that I called Kirby Lane's management when Arbor Trails opened, and asked them if they would consider locating there. One of them told me "We did look at it, but it's ridiculously overpriced." Eventually, they must have worked something out after the big bank-loan funded chains folded. Now, business is booming for the local places.

I don't know if the same forces are in play down in Circle C, but I hope eventually we'll get the Z Tejas and other good stuff they were hoping for. As far as national chains go, a Chipotle would be fantastic. But seriously, why a nail salon and an AT&T Store?
Surely there's room for a massage salon, MailBox store and a GoodWill location
Heck, if the parking's that bad, you don't want anything TOO popular to go in.
Z Tejas could kill the parking lot

Why IS there so much bad pizza in the area? None of the indie pizza places that are 'normal' or even the local mini-chains have anything over Pizza Hut or Papa Johns or even Dominos. I'm sure there are boutique pizza places around, but I'm no pizza snob...but I've been to or had pizza from at least a half-dozen places only ONCE...no reason to go back.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,435,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post

The Z'tejas is being built near Lifetime Fitness.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
Quote:
Z'Tejas plans to open a new restaurant in the Western Oaks neighborhood in late 2013, said Marketing Director Deborah Topcik.

The new eatery will be located near the northbound MoPac Lifetime Fitness, William Cannon Drive and Brushy Country Road.

Topcik confirmed the company does not plan to open a restaurant in Parkside Village on Slaughter Lane. ZTejas
From the Community impact newsletter

Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 AM

27 posts, read 45,903 times
Default BurgerFi coming to Circle C

Coming Soon: BurgerFi - Community Impact Newspaper

Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM

440 posts, read 714,709 times
Yes, the restriction on parking near the Alamo is due to impervious cover limits.

All of the shopping that went in did so only after the developer threatened to sue or go to the Legislature to get SOS overturned. The developer bought out Circle C's developer's commercial lots for a song because the original developer needed cash.

We are very lucky there's not a Wal-Mart there because they were going to build until HEB put up money so that environmentalists could fight Wal-Mart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin