Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times

Advertisements

I take my son to Birds on South Congress. They do a great job and you can request a particular stylist. We always ask for Kelly and she gives him a consistently good cut. He's a kid so he only pays $17 but I'm pretty sure the men's short cut isn't much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 01:11 PM

156 posts, read 404,364 times
sport cuts 15 bucks

Old 10-26-2011, 01:24 PM

732 posts, read 2,126,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabguy View Post
sport cuts 15 bucks
I would like to take away a rep from you for this suggestion.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGuy View Post
I like Floyd's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brink2627 View Post
I 2nd Floyd's Barbershop

Floyd The Barber

Old 10-26-2011, 07:59 PM

970 posts, read 1,873,355 times
Why are men's / boy's haircuts so expensive around here?! Yeah, we've been to Sport Clips, This Clips and That Clips.....ick.

How much time does it take to cut a man's or boy's hair?! There's not really a whole lot to it.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Olikee View Post
Why are men's / boy's haircuts so expensive around here?! Yeah, we've been to Sport Clips, This Clips and That Clips.....ick.

How much time does it take to cut a man's or boy's hair?! There's not really a whole lot to it.
Well, that depends, my son has super thick hair and to takes about 25 minutes to half an hour.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Well, that depends, my son has super thick hair and to takes about 25 minutes to half an hour.
Does it really take that long, or are they taking that long?

I think for a buzz cut, or simple clip and trim......10 - 15 min. max......shouldn't cost more than 20 bucks.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Olikee View Post

The person I used to go to could take up to an hour including the shampoo and condition. I have thick hair that he would take his time to thin out in all the right places to make it perfect.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinking View Post
The person I used to go to could take up to an hour including the shampoo and condition. I have thick hair that he would take his time to thin out in all the right places to make it perfect.
Exactly. Thicker hair means more hair to cut and they have to texturize it properly so it sits right. I tried several places and people for my son and finally was able to find what we needed with Kelly at Birds.

I have super thick WAVY hair which makes it even more complicated. It took me over a year to find a stylist here that worked for me.

Being a good stylist takes skill and they should be fairly compensated. Stylist charge what the market will bear and in some cases that's more than $20. As I mentioned in my previous post, I only pay $17 for my kid's cut but when he turns 11 that will climb a little.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Exactly. Thicker hair means more hair to cut and they have to texturize it properly so it sits right. I tried several places and people for my son and finally was able to find what we needed with Kelly at Birds.

I have super thick WAVY hair which makes it even more complicated. It took me over a year to find a stylist here that worked for me.

Being a good stylist takes skill and they should be fairly compensated. Stylist charge what the market will bear and in some cases that's more than $20. As I mentioned in my previous post, I only pay $17 for my kid's cut but when he turns 11 that will climb a little.

Understood.............so should you pay for the time involved? vs a single "haircut?"

In other words, if someone is getting a simple, easy-to-do, 5-minute "cut/style," should that person pay as much as someone who needs 1 hour? I think not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: