Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 09:44 PM

42 posts, read 40,219 times

Advertisements

Pflugerville is definitely a better investment. Just don't go south of 290.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 06:58 AM

535 posts, read 1,295,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themother101 View Post
This whole area is disgusting as hell now. It used to be nice and safe but over time its become some kind of small hoodrat central and that's not cute or quaint or any of that ****. There are garage sales that people just take up more than half of the street their house exists on and when you ask the people to move it to more on their property so people can properly drive you get nothing but rude lip and one lady began hitting my car. There are trashcans that absolutely reek up and down the street you can smell it. The sewers smell like straight trash by the park you can smell it like either dead bodies or just disgusting rotten trash. Its absolutely horrible. There are peoples dogs that just wander around and will **** and **** on peoples yards and no one knows whos the dog owner. The HOA is absolutely worthless. There's no actual way to try and contact them for help in any reasonable way (They actually make you login to the website to try and see their contact information). There are entire streets that are blocked off by some sort of gang members and they throw glass bottles all over the street and trash right on the ground. You can hear people screaming and fighting all throughout the night across the town. The HEB that's closest is also incredibly ghetto, it just feels unsafe to go into. The nearby street that surrounds the area is incredibly unsafe, the drivers are absolutely insane on it and its just not well set up, the traffic is completely insane.

There isn't even anything nearby that's worth living near, the Tinseltown smells like ****, the restaurants are disgusting. There is this one homeless man who will openly throw rocks at passing cars. Speaking of homeless there is one begging on every corner (if not more than one) Yet this area is clearly poor as well so why are they here asking other poor for handouts? This entire area is disgusting and is no place to raise a child. Its unsafe, smells deplorable and it is going down and with how the HOA behaves, it gets what is happening to it.
Oh, you didn't say, but at first I thought you were talking about Manor..lol. That said, Manor is not as bad as it's made out to be, but if I had my rathers I would choose Pflugerville over Manor just because of it's proximity to decent shopping. Even though it is growing....very slowly albeit, the shopping is limited unless you really like Walmart.

One thing to consider though, is the property taxes are a lot higher in Pville, than in Manor.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:43 AM

2,116 posts, read 3,049,750 times
Pflugerville also offers access without toll roads or I-35 by using 685 to get to 290 and then onto Guadalupe or Lamar. I know of two people that had foundation issues with homes in Manor. I don't know if that is more prevalent there than in Pflugerville, just a side note.

Like others have said, I think the Pflugerville option will offer you a better return on the investment and will provide closer convenience to shopping and dining options. Also getting a Costco soon!

Old 10-03-2016, 08:29 AM

2,602 posts, read 2,980,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynldsbr View Post
Pflugerville also offers access without toll roads or I-35 by using 685 to get to 290 and then onto Guadalupe or Lamar.
If that's your criteria, then Manor has the _exact_ same access, via non-Toll 290.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:39 PM

668 posts, read 783,826 times
I lived in Manor for several years a decade or so ago. Then, it was sort of a rural ghetto (I use this word loosely, and it wasn't anything like the Third Ward in Houston or parts of Detroit, for example, but my neighbors were definitely participating in, ahem, an alternate economy) but mixed with ranchers and acreage-owners. Now it has a bunch of cookie cutter subdivisions built in the last decade in varying states of being kept up. It is not where I would choose to invest if I needed a lower budget home. I'd go with Pflugerville.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:26 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
It's hard to find anything in a decent neighborhood in Pflugerville that's below $200k. The area that poster described is not even in Pflugerville but in the Austin ETJ. I know this topic is years old but it shows you that if your budget is truly low, then you're going to have a tougher time now finding affordable single family housing. A single person will probably need to make at least $70-80 thousand and have a good downpayment to buy now, though I'm sure that doesn't stop builders from shoehorning people into homes somehow.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:00 PM

597 posts, read 1,317,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
It's hard to find anything in a decent neighborhood in Pflugerville that's below $200k. The area that poster described is not even in Pflugerville but in the Austin ETJ. I know this topic is years old but it shows you that if your budget is truly low, then you're going to have a tougher time now finding affordable single family housing. A single person will probably need to make at least $70-80 thousand and have a good downpayment to buy now, though I'm sure that doesn't stop builders from shoehorning people into homes somehow.
Brookfield is not terribly expensive. Lock your car door if you park outside you'll be fine.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:38 AM

3 posts, read 8,077 times
Except this poster above me is again trying to speak positively of an area that totally doesn't live here. Good on you.

Glass in the park, trash, gaffitti on peoples fences, on electrical boxes, neighbors screaming at each other on a daily basis.

How about you try living here instead of talking out of your ass. Traffic is awful, the other day wells branch parkway was shut down to someone getting into an accident and it was backed up all the way to the HEB that was towards the nursery.

How about you live here instead of just talking out of your ass first?

Old 10-21-2016, 01:23 PM

1,091 posts, read 1,076,254 times
I'd recommend avoiding Wells Branch, which is near Pflugerville. It's not a "bullets flying past yo' head" area, but I hear that petty crime is more common there. I think some of the lower-income people got pushed out from Austin and moved there. Not saying it's a dump, but something to keep in mind if you go in the Pflugerville-WB area.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:24 PM

1,091 posts, read 1,076,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirenecat View Post
but my neighbors were definitely participating in, ahem, an alternate economy)
Lol..."Hi sweetie, you looking for a girlfriend for the hour?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin