Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 04:52 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,905,586 times

Advertisements

Dr Allison urrutia is great but more east, like close to 35
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 05:36 PM

107 posts, read 211,204 times
Dr. Kimberley Loar at Renaissance Women's Group. I've also seen Dr. Tara Mills, and she is great too. In fact, they all seem good to me. RWG is in NW Austin near Parmer and Mopac, across the street from St. David's. Renaissance Women's Group | Gynecology in Austin

You might also check out Women Partners in Health: Women Partners in Health

Old 07-02-2013, 06:11 PM

156 posts, read 331,369 times
I'm currently seeing Dr. Cohen at Austin OB/Gyn Associates (it's more central than north) and have been very satisfied with my prenatal care. I'm full term (haven't had baby yet).

Old 07-02-2013, 06:25 PM

21 posts, read 101,828 times
Dr. Sebestyen is a female doctor, sorry if I didn't make that clear!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:42 PM

29 posts, read 52,463 times
Another vote for OBGYN North. I have just used them for Gyn care but a coworker's wife who is a midwife recommended them to me when I asked for low intervention, evidence based care. I usually try to see the midwife Siobhan there but I have been with others too and been happy.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 PM

7 posts, read 5,836 times
It may be a dumb question. But what's the difference between using mid wife and using doctor? we don't need doctor if we use mid wife? Are they professionally qualified. I have no idea about mid wives.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:02 PM

29 posts, read 52,463 times
Midwives have their own certification. There are lay midwives and certified nurse midwives (which will have the CNM title after their name). If you have a healthy pregnancy so far with no complications a midwife is a better choice IMHO because they provide more high touch/personal care (in general) and are less likely to jump in with interventions at the drop of a hat. If you see a midwife and develop complications that are above what they can do, they will hand you off to one of the Drs. Midwives are trained to view pregnancy as a natural state rather than the more "illness" viewpoint that a OB typically has. Drs. are trained to do surgery and how to deal with the problems of pregnancy where as a midwife is thoroughly trained in the normal course of a pregnancy. I have also heard good things about Austin Area Birthing Center if you would rather give birth in a birthing center as opposed to a hospital.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 AM

21 posts, read 101,828 times
Totally agree with previous poster. You only need either a doctor or a midwife and which one you choose depends on where you would like to give birth, what type of care you want to have, and what type of labor/delivery you would like to have. I had my second child at the Central Texas Birth Center with their midwives and it was a great experience.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:34 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanmani View Post
TexasHorseLady,

What do you mean by other requirements? These are essential ones that every doctor should have, right?
Some doctors (male or female) have a better bedside manner than others, being more brusk and pragmatic than others. Some are more of an interventionist bent (more likely to quickly recommend a C-section, say, than some other doctors). This does not mean that they are not as good as doctors, but the OP was asking for a specific kind of personality and medical approach in addition to medical qualifications.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,905,586 times
most OBs (and pediatricans by the way) will meet with you for 10-15 mintues to see if there is a fit. It's part of doing business and getting patients. So, narrow your list down and meet with 2-3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: