Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:07 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times

Advertisements

To be honest, I haven't noticed too many black male-white female relationships in Austin. And the ones I have noticed didn't seem to be between two people in the professional demographic. They were more, "tailer park variety" couples.

Now, of course, in a metro of 2 million there's bound to be somebody that fits what you're looking for. But in Austin it might be kind of difficult. Especially coming from a place like Atlanta where dating prospects for AA men are through the roof every single night.

Plus, a lot of women in Austin just aren't all that attracted to AA men. This isn't because of any sort of hidden racism. Like you said, you can't control attraction. Austin is more of a skinny jeans, hipster type city and there just aren't many AA men that fit that demographic.

To be fair, I've been in a relationship for a couple of years now so I'm not really dialed into the Austin dating scene anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 11:52 PM

54 posts, read 128,174 times
This guy doesn't know what hes talking about lol Listen to me im black and white women in Austin love black men LoL the only place its been easier for me has been in florida or Cali. By far better than Houston and Dallas. In fact im headed back to Austin this weekend to do another round up ill post results on sunday lol

Old 07-31-2013, 01:15 AM

785 posts, read 953,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicanSprinter View Post
This guy doesn't know what hes talking about lol Listen to me im black and white women in Austin love black men LoL the only place its been easier for me has been in florida or Cali. By far better than Houston and Dallas. In fact im headed back to Austin this weekend to do another round up ill post results on sunday lol
Might have to PM you lol. I'm an hr away from Austin.

The times I've been I've done well with women going downtown, but there's a difference because I don't live there so I just wanted some insight.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:47 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,545,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Forgive me, but between your join date, and posts on this thread, you seem very much like a caricature. Who really says "round up" in real life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I was thinking the same thing...
Don't forget "talent pool". We're dealing with a PLA-yah!

Old 07-31-2013, 01:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,000 times
White chicks love black men around here...see it all the time.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:25 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Yes there is a difference between them. I did not say ALL of them I said on average I'm least attracted to them. Physically speaking. Also I don't mean black and Hispanic specifically. Most Mexicans I see are typically meszito which I am not physically attracted to on average and do look different than other Hispanic people.
First of all, it's mestizo, not meszito. If you are going to comment on another culture, at least know what you are talking about. No, they do not, SOME look like that, but not all of them, but since you don't want "mestizo" women, then I guess you just want them dark. That's kinda racist of you, don't you think? Other than skin color and some accent/vocabulary differences, we are all the same. Don't try to relabel something that doesn't need it.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:33 AM

937 posts, read 1,134,769 times
Quote:
I currently live in San Antonio, but the dating scene here is severely thin. I am in my late 20s and SA is more of a 'family oriented' town in my opinion. Also the type of women I am primarily attracted to simply are far and few in this city.

I work in the tech field and don't anticipate leaving the state for another job with another company. Frankly I am very satisfied where I work, just not where I live, so I've been looking at Austin.

I know Austin has a small black population, but I tend to date outside my race, primarily white. I like that in the city that there are many women who are more health conscious and into keeping in shape. Coming from Atlanta, I sense a bit of the vibe from it.

But the negatives - I've heard that there's a lot of 'hidden racism' in Austin, whether being that people are not as exposed to blacks, or simply due to the fact that the black population isn't strongly represented. I have a female friend who is half black/japanese complain about the lack of diversity there having just moved to Austin the past few months. I don't know if it is just where she works, or the city overall, but she hasn't really echoed this sentiment before.

Frankly, coming from Atlanta to Texas where there is a strong Hispanic population is a difference for me where there are a lot of blacks in the south east and many more whites.

Not to side track too much from my subject, I just want to know the experience with interracial dating here for black men. BM/WW relationships in particular. Are white women open in Austin, or this hidden racism, is it apparent even in the dating scene?
I'm a black woman, and although I do not currently live in Austin, I have resided there in the past and have some family still in the area. I don't believe Austin is vastly different than other places, with respect to interracial dating. You will find some white women who are interested, based on how you approach them (and whether they are attracted to you), and some who are not.

My advice is to focus on the women that are interested and don't pay attention to anyone who may have negative comments about your dating choices. Good luck to you!

Old 08-04-2013, 11:05 PM

785 posts, read 953,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
First of all, it's mestizo, not meszito. If you are going to comment on another culture, at least know what you are talking about. No, they do not, SOME look like that, but not all of them, but since you don't want "mestizo" women, then I guess you just want them dark. That's kinda racist of you, don't you think? Other than skin color and some accent/vocabulary differences, we are all the same. Don't try to relabel something that doesn't need it.
Attraction isn't a choice. Not racist at all and I totally don't disqualify/eliminate an entire race or ethnicity. I realize some are attractive but I can admit that most for me I'm not attracted to.

Last edited by Debsi; 08-05-2013 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: calling someone a troll is considered a personal attack on city-data

Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,087 times
Quote:
Attraction isn't a choice. Not racist at all and I totally don't disqualify/eliminate an entire race or ethnicity. I realize some are attractive but I can admit that most for me I'm not attracted to.
No, you are putting down my culture and ethnicity and trying to say it's all different, the genetic makeup of cubans and Puerto Ricans is not vastly different from Mexican women, if you want a black woman that speaks Spanish then just say so. I would respect you a lot more for stepping up than trying to give the back hand racist insults about my culture.

Last edited by Debsi; 08-05-2013 at 01:21 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 12:18 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,261,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Please, do all of us "minorities" a favor and stop tossing around the "racist" label like it's jelly beans in Wonka land. The man doesn't find certain attributes attractive, fine, move on. Race based aesthetic preferences are not inherently racist. Plus, what's up with "we are all the same.", uh, no you're not, no group is "all the same", other than the general classification of "we're all humans". I thought one of the stereotypical hallmarks of racism was to glom everyone based on race together and declare them "all the same"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin