Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 07:31 AM

6 posts, read 9,755 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am facing scheduling conflicts with the openings in some of the suggested clinics I contacted. My boss will not permit me a flexible schedule and I need my job for health insurance benefits.

Please let me know suggestions for pediatric therapy (Speech & Occupational) in the Cedar Park and Round Rock areas.
(I already tried Evolve Pediatric Therapy and Achieve Pediatrics in Cedar Park.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 09:31 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,107,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mominaustin View Post

I am facing scheduling conflicts with the openings in some of the suggested clinics I contacted. My boss will not permit me a flexible schedule and I need my job for health insurance benefits.

Please let me know suggestions for pediatric therapy (Speech & Occupational) in the Cedar Park and Round Rock areas.
(I already tried Evolve Pediatric Therapy and Achieve Pediatrics in Cedar Park.)
That is tough. Nearly all speech/OT/PT centers are only open during conventional working hours. You should consider hiring a nanny, friend, or enlisted a grandparent to drive back and forth to the appointments. Early intervention is CRUCIAL. And so is keeping your job. So you are going to have to get creative with solutions. I do not think that you will find clinics with evening or weekend hours.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:59 AM

Centralaustinite, your advice is appreciated.
Will have to navigate this challenge somehow, as I know my son is in need of
help/therapy to thrive well.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:20 AM

772 posts, read 1,060,751 times
Mominaustin.. Please let me know what you end up doing as we will be moving to Austin soon and my almost 4 year old will need speech. We will be going the School district route but may need to supplement with private as we are currently doing here in CA. I have been where you are with trying to figure out work and my child's therapy schedule. I cried frequently..but had to change jobs to get through it..

Good luck

Old 09-23-2013, 07:42 PM

Cocue, I will let you know.
Right now, I am still trying for openings
in the nearby clinics.

I am also looking for a good child psychologist and a developmental pediatrician. The ones I have been
recommended in Austin are not taking new clients currently.

I got one appointment with Dr Jeff Kerr, a pediatric neurologist who works for specially for children clinic in Central Austin

Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 PM

390 posts, read 671,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mominaustin View Post

From The Heart Therapy has Saturday appointments. You do probably need to have the evaluation done during the week, but that is only a couple of hours.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:24 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,646,924 times
Quote:
I got one appointment with Dr Jeff Kerr, a pediatric neurologist who works for specially for children clinic in Central Austin
We have seen Dr. Kerr, but for sleep issues, not speech. We got along well with him, but we have only have a few brief interactions, really.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:59 PM

Please let me know if you are aware of any developmental pediatricians in Austin/Round Rock areas or even San Antonio.

I tried to get an appointment with a developmental pediatrician Dr. Siv Fasci (works for Dell specially for chiildren) but she is not seeing new patients anymore :-(
It seems she is the only developmental pediatrician in Austin (as per my pedi)

I am hunting for another such doctor to diagnose possible PDD or autism for my son.
Please post if you know someone.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:13 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,107,786 times
This link shows three (and doesn't count Dr. Siv Fasci). Have your regular pedi push for you to get in with someone!

Developmental-Behavioral Pediatricians in Austin, Texas to Treat Autism, ADD-ADHD (Childhood), Parenting, and More

And here is a link to pediatricians who can dx sensory processing issues, if they can do that, I would think they could dx autism too.

http://austinspd.org/spd-services/pediatricians/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin