Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,128 times

Advertisements

My family is going to be relocated to Austin in a couple of weeks and we are all excited about it. However, I am looking at the school websites and confused. It seems like Cedar Park Middle School is closed to accept transfer students for the school year of 2015-2016? And even the student's been accepted and cannot guarantee to be in the school for the next school year? I am so frustrated...Please help! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 08:50 PM

772 posts, read 1,060,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga19 View Post
My family is going to be relocated to Austin in a couple of weeks and we are all excited about it. However, I am looking at the school websites and confused. It seems like Cedar Park Middle School is closed to accept transfer students for the school year of 2015-2016? And even the student's been accepted and cannot guarantee to be in the school for the next school year? I am so frustrated...Please help! Thanks!
Not sure what your question is but as far as i know if you live in the school attendance zone, then whenever you do relocate, your child attends that school. The ISD would not consider such a child as transfer so would not really not give the child a spot of that lube in the attendance zone. I believe the "closed to transfer" that you are seeing is for intra and inter district transfer but am sure more experienced parents in the Austin area schools so chime in to Oscar more insights

Old 08-25-2015, 09:06 AM

318 posts, read 670,467 times
Closed to transfers means "in district" transfer. So from one school to another, already enrolled.

When you move in, the schools are ALWAYS open to new students.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:35 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
^^That.

If you move into a school's attendance zone (i.e. the address of your residence is listed as attending a specific school), you are guaranteed enrollment.

The text you are referring to applies to kids that are listed as attending a specific school, but would rather attend a different one. The individual school district controls these 'voluntary' transfers to prevent too many kids deciding to attend a specific school.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:58 PM

772 posts, read 1,060,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCUE View Post
Not sure what your question is but as far as i know if you live in the school attendance zone, then whenever you do relocate, your child attends that school. The ISD would not consider such a child as transfer so would not really not give the child a spot of that lube in the attendance zone. I believe the "closed to transfer" that you are seeing is for intra and inter district transfer but am sure more experienced parents in the Austin area schools so chime in to Oscar more insights
Dang, I hate typing on my phone because of auto correct. What I wrote above is gibberish.. :-( I can barely understand myself.

Anyway, you are guaranteed admittance to any school if you live in the attendance zone

Old 02-03-2022, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 505 times
I have the same issue. I got a reply from school (Deer Creek Elementary) saying that I need to apply to LISD and they will review my application when the transfer window opens in April. And, only then, they will review my sons' applications and notify me IF the transfer is approved.

Were you able to enroll your kids to school?

Old 02-03-2022, 02:39 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Yikes. This was a seven year old thread. The OP never responded either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: