Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 08:35 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,578,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well, somebody should be sanctioned for allowing Parmer Lane to be a massive Rush Hour parking lot at this late date.
Yeah, it's getting back to pre-Covid levels at times.
There is supposed to be a massive "improvement" of Parmer Lane between McNeil and 1431. REALLY looking forward to all that construction!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 09:33 AM

11,856 posts, read 8,077,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Yeah, it's getting back to pre-Covid levels at times.
There is supposed to be a massive "improvement" of Parmer Lane between McNeil and 1431. REALLY looking forward to all that construction!!!
Since I’m not really commuting anymore and don’t have to worry about time, I’ve been using Parmer to get to Austin proper and avoid 183A tolls. U.S. 183 thru Leander and Cedar Park is pretty packed but Parmer moves a bit better and has a higher speed limit. During rush hour though I agree it does get a bit packed.

Old 10-10-2020, 10:09 AM

Btw I purposely used sanctioned because it’s private lands fenced off with no trespassing signs along its gates meaning the public is not allowed within its boundaries or penalties may incur. Most of it seems to belong to Austin White Lime Co

Old 10-10-2020, 10:43 AM

12,959 posts, read 13,382,149 times
As I said, it is the Robinson Ranch... the family owns & runs Austin White Lime.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:41 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,150,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Btw I purposely used sanctioned because it’s private lands fenced off with no trespassing signs along its gates meaning the public is not allowed within its boundaries or penalties may incur. Most of it seems to belong to Austin White Lime Co
It is divided into many plats. Some are austin white lime, some are robinson ranch. Ultimately it is all robinson ranch.

this link will bring up a map for the williamson county appraisal district and you can click on the various plats to see what entity formally owns them.
https://portico.mygisonline.com/html...el&Pin=R055467

Old 10-11-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Since I’m not really commuting anymore and don’t have to worry about time, I’ve been using Parmer to get to Austin proper and avoid 183A tolls. U.S. 183 thru Leander and Cedar Park is pretty packed but Parmer moves a bit better and has a higher speed limit. During rush hour though I agree it does get a bit packed.
On Parmer, I can make it from Avery Ranch Blvd to the Mo in about eight minutes if I make all the lights.
UNfortunately, that doesn't happen as often as it used to AND it's easy to get stuck behind drivers unwilling to go more than 42mph(apparently a magic number for them). Travel time can easily double on unlucky days

Old 10-11-2020, 10:51 PM

899 posts, read 2,291,495 times
Apple may be coming to part of the Robinson Ranch land, but the coolest thing on the property is still the tiny historic McNeil store and post office...like a hidden find of a bygone era.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
Apple may be coming to part of the Robinson Ranch land, but the coolest thing on the property is still the tiny historic McNeil store and post office...like a hidden find of a bygone era.
Yep...when we first got here in '08, I actually drove out to the "McNeil Branch" Post Office(before the Lakeline/McNeil branch was built). It was during the horrible drought and it was a truly surreal experience exploring out there!

Old 10-12-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
On Parmer, I can make it from Avery Ranch Blvd to the Mo in about eight minutes if I make all the lights.
UNfortunately, that doesn't happen as often as it used to AND it's easy to get stuck behind drivers unwilling to go more than 42mph(apparently a magic number for them). Travel time can easily double on unlucky days
Yeah, admittedly I’m gonna be pretty worried about Parmer once things get back to normal and the new Apple campus opens. They are definitely going to need to do something about Parmer and McNeil.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:22 PM

899 posts, read 2,291,495 times
Quote:
Yep...when we first got here in '08, I actually drove out to the "McNeil Branch" Post Office(before the Lakeline/McNeil branch was built). It was during the horrible drought and it was a truly surreal experience exploring out there!
Yeah! And it looks like the little McNeil PO is getting some well-deserved attention in the forum (payphone post)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin