Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 08:14 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAverageTX View Post
60 of our Texas legislature "got the shot" fled the state and 6 of them now have Covid. They infected others in Washington too. I don't blame people for questioning the validity of it.
And none of them were hospitalized because they had the shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 11:44 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
I’ve read that vaxxed people can transmit covid 19. Many of us have unvaxxed school aged children or have family members that are unvaxxed. So vaxxed people need to be cautious too! To be unvaxxed and not wear a mask is silly

Old 07-25-2021, 12:59 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,120,573 times
I havent seen much data, but this poorly written article does list some stats for delta case fatality rate in non vaccinated people (and others). I didnt bother to go search up the original journal article (which I usually do)

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...y-dan-bongino/

In general natural selection selects for mutations of diseases that spread more.

Diseases that spread more tend to be more mild not more serious because the milder the disease the more likely people are to spread it. The longer you are infected without symptoms the more it can spread. etc

So in general mutations that are less deadly are selected.

The article above says the data is not in, but does seem to hint that the CFR of delta is lower than the original alpha.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:21 PM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
It's 39% effective against the Delta variant. But it is 91% effective in preventing serious illness from the Delta variant. In other words, those vaccinated with Pfizer may get the Delta variant, but they won't get that sick, clog up hospitals, be on ventilators, or die. 90% of patients admitted to Austin hospitals are unvaccinated.

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronaviru...ign=socialflow
You don't seem to be understanding the point made or simply read my post too quickly.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
From the article:

And this:

That's good enough for me! (I'm fully vaccinated.)

Also from the WSJ, as of July 22:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-cov...s_covidvaccine
And you also completely missed the point. You can also refer to Riaelise, who reiterated it.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I cannot believe we are have this “argument”.
Do you folks not see the trending curve caused by the unvaccinated? Do you think it is going to flatten out among that group and go away? Really?
Do you believe this virus is not evolving? (See the Delta variant)
Never implied any of that. I simply implied you are making a disingenuous argument with your 99% of the hospitalized being unvaccinated by trying to imply a negative narrative when things have actually improved.

Old 07-25-2021, 05:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
And you also completely missed the point. You can also refer to Riaelise, who reiterated it.
No, I didn't "miss your point." I saw your "point" but was making my own point. Perhaps Riaelise was as well.

Hmmm...perhaps you're missing my point.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't "miss your point." I saw your "point" but was making my own point. Perhaps Riaelise was as well.

Hmmm...perhaps you're missing my point.
Indeed you did miss the point. It wasn't about you being spared of a severe reaction, it was about you (someone that is vaccinated) being a spreader and if you actually took the time to read my post you would know that. See Riaelise's comment (post #34) which reiterates it.

Your entire post was me,me,me.

Last edited by dicipher; 07-25-2021 at 06:51 PM..

Old 07-26-2021, 06:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Indeed you did miss the point. It wasn't about you being spared of a severe reaction, it was about you (someone that is vaccinated) being a spreader and if you actually took the time to read my post you would know that. See Riaelise's comment (post #34) which reiterates it.

Your entire post was me,me,me.
Like I said, I didn't miss your point. But thanks (I guess) for reiterating it. Well, actually I'm not thanking you but hey, it's a free country so knock yourself out.

I can't be responsible for the health of other people outside of reasonable precautions. I feel like I'm taking reasonable precautions. But you do you.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Like I said, I didn't miss your point. But thanks (I guess) for reiterating it. Well, actually I'm not thanking you but hey, it's a free country so knock yourself out.

I can't be responsible for the health of other people outside of reasonable precautions. I feel like I'm taking reasonable precautions. But you do you.
I always do me. I don't sit there and blame people that were selfless for a year for me. I realize they made sacrifices and have a right to make decisions on what they put in their bodies. I also understand that blaming people is not a solution and if a vaccinated person says they don't gaf because they got theirs (shot), things are not going to improve. I understand that the rules have changed and vaccinated people can pass the virus on, so for those that believe in "the science", people will need to at least temporarily go back to wearing masks (and I'm fine with that). I won't be fearmongering and trying to imply that being unvaccinated is a death warrant when in reality, the unvaccinated have improved tremendously regarding hospitalizations and their likelihood of dying of the virus would be akin to hitting the Super lotto. I recognize that the new tangent is to focus on long hauler issues and I also recognize that no one knows the long range impact of the vaccine. I also am not going to get into childish labeling (stereotyping) by using terms like antivaxxer understanding that many people are actually very responsible and don't deserve the derogatory attacks they are receiving. I will continue to wear an N95 mask, do my shopping at times when most people don't (typically 6am), and avoid crowds. And when I eventually get the Novavax vaccine, I won't be judgmental of others.

Yeah, I'll do me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin