Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 PM

225 posts, read 851,551 times

Advertisements

I would say rent first and get a real feel for area you are thinking of the only way to really know if it suits you.
We have been here 2 1/2 yrs. now, it's a fun place to live, we are in Round Rock.
Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 04:53 PM

225 posts, read 851,551 times
I would say rent first and get a real feel for area you are thinking of the only way to really know if it suits you.
We have been here 2 1/2 yrs. now, it's a fun place to live, we are in Round Rock.
Good Luck.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:35 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,436,557 times
Do you have kids? Because the schools aren't hat great. City-Data ranks PF High School a 62 (out of 100). Round Rock and Cedar Park, generally speaking, have much better schools.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,704,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The area you speak of mm57553 has been there forever. The older part of town is full of affordable middle income homes but only if you think $140K is middle income. Most people today think $250K and above is the bare minimum.

Been here since 1996. I don't like what it's become but I loved what it was. Then again I moved out in the county for a reason and the fact that Pflugerville didn't have a lot of big box retail didn't bother me one bit as I shop local whenever possible and don't need retail within a 5 minute drive.

The sad ironic part is the Wallymart is on part of the town namesake's land
But most of the prime Blackland Prairie farmland has been bulldozed and cemented over and the gentle rolling hills of Pflugerville are dotted with asphalt shingles as far as the eye can see.

Even back in 1996 Pflugerville had a stigma and RR was "the place" to be for family. Sorry Love Roses, but back then Hutto wasn't even talked about
Oh, I know Way back when my sister was still in college her boyfriend lived in Taylor. One time I came out here with them when I was down from Denver visiting and before we hit Hutto she said she was about to drive through "Children of the corn" land.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,704,369 times
Well, I just perused the Pflugerville isd website and although i can't really find info about the Middle or High Schools, it looks like the Elementaries are doing very well. There is one exemplary and the rest were recognized. None were listed acceptable or unacceptable. They provided a link to the TEA website.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Oh, I know Way back when my sister was still in college her boyfriend lived in Taylor. One time I came out here with them when I was down from Denver visiting and before we hit Hutto she said she was about to drive through "Children of the corn" land.
ROFL..oh yes..that describes Hutto to a tee back then..corn all over.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
Do you have kids? Because the schools aren't hat great. City-Data ranks PF High School a 62 (out of 100). Round Rock and Cedar Park, generally speaking, have much better schools.
Yes I have a child that went to PISD schools from K-12.
Pflugerville HS is one of 3 high schools in PISD.

If you are going to rate schools you should go to the TEA website and not City Data for numbers.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:24 PM

14 posts, read 50,197 times
I have received Pflugerville Pflag community newspaper today and on the front page there is an article saying that Pflugerville is on "top 100 places to live" list on RelocateAmerica.com website. RR or Cedar Park are not on the list

Old 05-08-2009, 08:55 AM

1,621 posts, read 4,596,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The area you speak of mm57553 has been there forever. The older part of town is full of affordable middle income homes but only if you think $140K is middle income. Most people today think $250K and above is the bare minimum.

Been here since 1996. I don't like what it's become but I loved what it was. Then again I moved out in the county for a reason and the fact that Pflugerville didn't have a lot of big box retail didn't bother me one bit as I shop local whenever possible and don't need retail within a 5 minute drive.

The sad ironic part is the Wallymart is on part of the town namesake's land
But most of the prime Blackland Prairie farmland has been bulldozed and cemented over and the gentle rolling hills of Pflugerville are dotted with asphalt shingles as far as the eye can see.

Even back in 1996 Pflugerville had a stigma and RR was "the place" to be for family. Sorry Love Roses, but back then Hutto wasn't even talked about
According to the federal government, a family making above $50k is middle income, so people who consider $250k middle income need to look at the real world!

My family is at the $200k or so income level, and I wouldn't call us rich, but I know that my family is far better off than the vast majority of American families.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:58 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,110,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
According to the federal government, a family making above $50k is middle income, so people who consider $250k middle income need to look at the real world!

My family is at the $200k or so income level, and I wouldn't call us rich, but I know that my family is far better off than the vast majority of American families.
I am pretty sure the poster was referring to homes priced at the $140,000 level as compared to homes priced at the $250,000 level, not incomes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin