Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 03:44 PM

543 posts, read 1,741,566 times

Advertisements

Maryland Daily Record
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 03:45 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times
Interesting info now posted on the TSA homepage:
TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security

TSA Week at a Glance: 06/29/09 - 07/05/09

6 passengers were arrested after investigations of suspicious behavior or fraudulent travel documents

25 firearms found at checkpoints

5 artfully concealed prohibited items found at checkpoints

30 incidents that involved a checkpoint closure, terminal evacuation or sterile area breach

Yep, I'd say they ARE checking ID's and boarding passes

Old 07-11-2009, 03:48 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,322,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
No, it just seems that you didn't get the best view of the situation being in the middle of a long line.

You specifically said that they "didn't go through security." Even in a priority line, that is NOT POSSIBLE. IF it did happen like you say it is, it is a SERIOUS security breach and you should report it to the TSA instead of ranting about it on an internet forum.

I guarantee you that their identification had been checked before they boarded the plane, regardless of what you state. Again, if it wasn't, I highly encourage you to report this massive breach of security to the TSA.
I was standing ON THE OTHER SIDE of the plexiglass from the 'priority' line, no more than 10 feet away.

'Security' starts when you hand over your ID and boarding pass, or in their case, their boarding pass. I never said they didn't go through the metal detector or have their bags xrayed. They did. As I'm sure you know, you don't show ID again after the first security checkpoint. Once you've been cleared at the entrance, you go through the detectors, then right to the gate. At the gate, you show/surrender your boarding pass and get on the plane.

You can't guarantee this, because you're wrong.

I certainly didn't need your encouragement to report this. I already did. I've emailed ABIA and the TSA to tell them that pampering their business class passengers should not compromise safety. The TSA officer gave the food service employee who came through after them a closer look than he did the 'priority customer' family of 3.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:49 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,322,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Interesting info now posted on the TSA homepage:
TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security

TSA Week at a Glance: 06/29/09 - 07/05/09

6 passengers were arrested after investigations of suspicious behavior or fraudulent travel documents

25 firearms found at checkpoints

5 artfully concealed prohibited items found at checkpoints

30 incidents that involved a checkpoint closure, terminal evacuation or sterile area breach

Yep, I'd say they ARE checking ID's and boarding passes
I'm sure they weren't in the 'priority customer' line....

Old 07-11-2009, 07:55 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,132,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I'm sure they weren't in the 'priority customer' line....
We go through the priority line every time, they do check ID's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin