Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 AM

1,133 posts, read 4,186,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA View Post
Atlanta Hope:
I checked with Jennifer Tull's office regarding a collaborative divorce process and they wanted I think 2000 for an initial consultation. You may want to call to double check that number...I put it out of my mind because I was thinking it was too high for an informational session.....others may be different though.

Collaborative Law Group of Austin
Information re: collaborative divorce. Sounds great in theory but not sure how many people can make it work...I think it would work in my situation, but have not investigated it from the financial aspect much further than that inital call to Tull's office.
Thanks for the info. Not sure collaborative divorce is going to work out for us right now but I'll look into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 04:07 PM

575 posts, read 2,495,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta hope View Post
Thanks for the info. Not sure collaborative divorce is going to work out for us right now but I'll look into it.
Is Jennifer Tull even a real name???

I hope no one calls her Jenni

Old 03-19-2010, 05:58 PM

117 posts, read 347,390 times
You will be soooooo much better if you just try to work out an amicable split that is acceptable to you both before you get an attorney involved. You will wind up paying so much money to the lawyers that it gets ridiculous. Hash it out, or agree to mediation upfront (if Texas offers that). Once you start paying anyone $500 an hour, forget it. It will be $250 every time you send the lawyer an email (and $500 if he/she asks another attorney's opinion of that email).

Forget the reasons why it's happening, be reasonable about the property and respectful to the needs of the children and you will come out way ahead in the end. It's ridiculous to throw away thousands and thousands of dollars to dissolve a marriage.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCalitoSteinerRanch View Post
Is Jennifer Tull even a real name???

I hope no one calls her Jenni

That's like the "Lindsey" E-Trade commercial.

Didn't even think about it, until you brought it up.

Good catch! Funny!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:15 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
people--check the date on the posts--someone opened the thread after it was months old as ad for an attorney...
and has too few posts to actually make a recommendation anyway--according to the forum bylaws...

Old 04-29-2010, 03:21 AM
AGA AGA started this thread

729 posts, read 2,706,914 times
So I am bumping this up because things have gone south and I am needing to take some action. Will be perhaps able to negtiate SOME things without conflict, but I ABSOLUTELY need someone to look out for me regarding support (spousal and child).
So far I have recommedations for:

Ritchey and Marbut
Keith Maples
Jim Piper
Bill Powers

Old 04-29-2010, 07:40 AM
AGA AGA started this thread

729 posts, read 2,706,914 times
I sent some requests for info this morning was contacted by the office of James Piper. Sound very professional on the phone and was even offered an appt. today! but could,'t work it out. I am not meeting with him, but another more budget friendly partner.
Worth a call...initial consultation is at hourly rate...200-500 p/h depending on who you see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin