Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:30 AM

680 posts, read 1,384,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
This whole episode is indeed rather odd considering how laid back Austin is.
Well... in a metro area of 1.7 million with extreme traffic problems, we can't expect everyone to be grooving on hippie lettuce, kicking back with the windows rolled down, jammin' to Bob Marley as they politely say "Yah, mon, ya kin cut inna here, no worries, mon!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 AM

1,148 posts, read 2,781,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongpa-nyi View Post
Well... in a metro area of 1.7 million with extreme traffic problems, we can't expect everyone to be grooving on hippie lettuce, kicking back with the windows rolled down, jammin' to Bob Marley as they politely say "Yah, mon, ya kin cut inna here, no worries, mon!"
You just exactly described how Austin was from the early 80's back.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:23 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,144 times
So has anyone heard anything?

Two weeks ago it was "The Top Story of the Day" by the local TV schnews telecast. Half the people on this board wanted to "get a rope" on the accused.

I did a google search. No update, no newspaper story, no nothing.

So what's happened? Any Charles Manson like pics of the Road Rage dude sitting in a jail cell? Is the boy still playing marbles in the street? Is the shreaking dad filing a lawsuit?.....(or trying out for next season's cast of Big Brother?)

("Top Story of the Day" my donkey's behind....no update, no nothing.)

Old 03-29-2010, 02:18 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,557,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
You just exactly described how Austin was from the early 80's back.
Apparently, the lady who rolled through the 'right turn on red' onto Bee Caves and nearly took off the side of my shiny Volvo with her equally shiny Beetle must have been older than she looked(if it was +- 30 years ago that folks drove like that around Austin).

Didn't the laws of physics apply back then ?

BTW, we got a pretty good taste of what the southside calls horrible traffic. (Wm. Cannon, Bee Caves, etc) Glad we built all those toll roads up here in north-north Austin.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:23 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,168,684 times
I apologize the inconvenience but there needs to be something done about road rage. Today I almost got hit twice today one in the parking lot & the other by a wrong way driver who seemed to care. Then after that another person who thinks he owns the road tries to hit me. I serously don't understand it.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:28 PM

522 posts, read 657,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
I apologize the inconvenience but there needs to be something done about road rage. Today I almost got hit twice today one in the parking lot & the other by a wrong way driver who seemed to care. Then after that another person who thinks he owns the road tries to hit me. I serously don't understand it.
You realize the post you replied to is over two years old, right?

Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,168,684 times
I know, I just didn't want to start a new one when we have like 5 different ones from 3 yrs ago.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:19 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,447,082 times
You realize things like that happen everywhere, right?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,349,576 times
Lots of careless drivers on the road, but I wouldn't call that "road rage".

The OP certainly was a textbook case though.

Shooting the truck driver would've been justified as self defense, as he was using his vehicle as a deadly weapon to endanger someone's life.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:19 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Actually, given the rate at which Texas is issuing CHLs and the number of Texans who already carry guns, I'm a bit surprised that one of these incidents hasn't ended differently. Of course, road-rage is nothing new and a few years ago a road rage incident in Atlanta DID end with the victim using a gun in self defense. I'm not making a suggestion, just an observation. Let's be careful out there!
You don't even need a CHL to legally carry a gun in your car, and many people do. So that kind of behavior, ramming someone, is even stupider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin