Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:39 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,729,295 times

Advertisements

^^
lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 09:42 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,811,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
My bad Coldy, I'm pretty sure it changes over at 3/4 am down here. We are talking about the 24 hr stores. I know I used to get mine sometimes close to 4am if I got to be at work at 5
Here, at 5:30 am you cannot buy breakfast at a fast food restaurant.
They think you must want a burger and fries still...
Yet they also stop serving breckie at 10:30-11 am.

That would be interesting, having more hours breckie is available.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovski View Post
well he certainly does have bigger issues and this is ho its manifested. always classy of the australian media- whenever something horrible is done by a foreigner we always gotta mention the nationality. whenever a foreigner does something great, suddenly they are australian.
We 'claimed' Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson. This Australian isn't sure if he even wants them!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
We 'claimed' Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson. This Australian isn't sure if he even wants them!
Only when Russell's not throwing phones is he an "Aussie".
Honestly, I never knew he was born in New Zealand at first, the way he was touted in the media.

And Mel's 100% Yank all the way now and forever. What a tosser he turned out to be.

Too bad we have to claim The One Whose Face Doesn't Move as Our Nic still.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,069,702 times
Of all the things he could have requested he wanted a McMuffin?

Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Only when Russell's not throwing phones is he an "Aussie".
Honestly, I never knew he was born in New Zealand at first, the way he was touted in the media.

And Mel's 100% Yank all the way now and forever. What a tosser he turned out to be.

Too bad we have to claim The One Whose Face Doesn't Move as Our Nic still.
ha - she has the most annoying voice.

Rusty's alright..... now he's behaving.

Mel - wasn't he born there?

I really liked Heath Ledger, and I don't mind Cate Blanchett.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:32 PM

790 posts, read 1,733,444 times
lol @ "holds Brisbane to ransom." Sounds like one of the ACA headlines.

I drove along Eagle Street in the evening and all I saw were a few police cars and a lot of taxis for the ferry passengers. Apparently people working in the immediate vicinity got the day off work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
and I don't mind Cate Blanchett.
ick. She used to be a really good actress - ugly but good. Now she's just ugly. She's also becoming political - the traits of too much time in Hollywood, methinks.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
ick. She used to be a really good actress - ugly but good. Now she's just ugly. She's also becoming political - the traits of too much time in Hollywood, methinks.
Nothing more annoying than celebrities pushing their politics. There are quite a few guilty of that, not just Cate. They don't live in the real world, with real problems and real issues, and often come across as nauseatingly self-righteous. And hypocritical. Us "little people" should be ashamed of our carbon footprint while they jet around the globe, own several palatial residences and consume far more in one year than most of us do in our entire lifetimes.

They need to stick to their acting business and shut up. Some of them forget they are just there to entertain us, not preach to us.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:56 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
ha - she has the most annoying voice.

Rusty's alright..... now he's behaving.

Mel - wasn't he born there?

I really liked Heath Ledger, and I don't mind Cate Blanchett.
Yeah Russell actually isn't that bad, but Mel...oh he was born in New York State, btw, and Nicole was born in Hawaii (to Australian parents though). But heaps of our celebs were overseas born.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah Russell actually isn't that bad, but Mel...oh he was born in New York State, btw,.
Yes, but that was always conveniently ignored or viewed as a trivial detail when he was popular and hot, and not raving about Jews or threatening Russian gold diggers. When they're being good, they're ours, despite not being born here. When they're being bad or embarrassing, they're suddenly foreigner-rubbish.

Quote:
and Nicole was born in Hawaii (to Australian parents though). But heaps of our celebs were overseas born.
If she ever develops a few loose screws, she'll be 100% Yank and not Our Nic anymore.

Kinda like Germaine Greer. Few Aussies want to claim that miserable harridan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand