Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:40 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Genes are a big factor too
Especially in certain areas, Australia is far from being homogenously Anglo-Saxon.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:13 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,077 times
Let's be fair to the Pommie girls ... it's hard to look one's most attractive all bundled up in coats, complexion pasty from the lack of sun, hair plastered to your head from 'hat-hair', maybe your nose all red and runny from the cold, grim expression on your face due to the endlessly crappy weather ...

Old 03-17-2010, 05:49 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,171 times
I could be totally wrong here, but I think the high numbers of southern and eastern European blend people in Sydney (either first generation or beyond) contributes to some of the stunning women in Sydney. Australia has a high proportion of Italian, Greek and Lebanese people.

The outdoorsy culture helps as well.

Believe me, there are some absolute stunners on the ferry (I live in Sydney's eastern suburbs and commute via ferry).

Not so sure about some of the rural Australians - obesity is high and muffin tops, "cankles" and poor dress sense are prominent!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:13 PM

92 posts, read 255,028 times
I agree with most people here, that a lot of it has to do with the sun. Aussies get lots and lots more sun than the English do, so they are more tan. Also, I agree that they probably feel the need to look fit since they don't have to cover up their bodies in layers all the time... the figure shows through.

I'm not so sure if Australian women are really that more attractive, though. I believe that every country has its beauties and "plain-janes." It's all about genetics. I've heard so many people say that British people in general are the "ugliest" in the world. How stupid! Half of those people I'm sure hadn't even been to Great Britain, so how can they say that?? There are plenty of "ugly" people in the States as well... It's just not fair to label a whole country in a way like that.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:24 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
agree!

most of this is just light hearted though ...

Old 03-17-2010, 08:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAppleBee View Post
I agree with most people here, that a lot of it has to do with the sun. Aussies get lots and lots more sun than the English do, so they are more tan. Also, I agree that they probably feel the need to look fit since they don't have to cover up their bodies in layers all the time... the figure shows through.

I'm not so sure if Australian women are really that more attractive, though. I believe that every country has its beauties and "plain-janes." It's all about genetics. I've heard so many people say that British people in general are the "ugliest" in the world. How stupid! Half of those people I'm sure hadn't even been to Great Britain, so how can they say that?? There are plenty of "ugly" people in the States as well... It's just not fair to label a whole country in a way like that.
Compared to some countries like in Latin America and Europe Australian women as a whole are rather average imho.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
The answer is easy, it is all those good looking women we send to colonise West New Zealand. Has the advantage of raising the IQs of both countries .

Old 03-17-2010, 11:37 PM

7 posts, read 31,654 times
Lot of pretty girls from Australia, just look at Princess Mary, she is the most pretty and good looking aussie I know

Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 AM

46 posts, read 139,566 times
I went to Sydney last October, and thought that 90% of the (white) people there looked just like the English, except with a tan. (I'm a Brit, but live in CA btw, so I did notice it straight away).

Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,114,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickie74 View Post
I went to Sydney last October, and thought that 90% of the (white) people there looked just like the English, except with a tan. (I'm a Brit, but live in CA btw, so I did notice it straight away).
I agree...do Australians really look that different from British? I thought they look pretty much the same.
I agree white Americans look different from white Brits though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.