Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 01:35 PM

693 posts, read 1,108,249 times

Advertisements

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The kid was dumb enough to stomp around with ruffled feathers after getting turned at a race. And did it impaired, i.e. dulled senses, warped perception, etc. Don't feel sorry for him at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 08:43 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,504 times
One word sums all this up:

Darwin.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:55 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Comparatively speaking the media has been nearly dead quiet on the GJ decision.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
of course they have, it doesnt fit their agenda of slamming stars. i am also amazed that spinoza hasnt said anything yet.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:54 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,261,268 times
My guess is that the chemical most associated with this incident is not tetrahydrocannabinol, it's testosterone.

And some adrenaline, too.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:31 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
of course they have, it doesnt fit their agenda of slamming stars. i am also amazed that spinoza hasnt said anything yet.
I don't get it. Why would you want them to still be talking about it? TS most likely wants this to just go away and people to forget about it and just get back to his life and racing. But you think the media is doing him a disservice by reporting him being cleared and letting it go? You want them to gloat over it? The kid is dead, whether or not you think he was in the wrong (which you obviously do), they shouldn't be celebrating his death and dancing on his grave by putting TS on a pedestal.

Just let it go.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I don't get it. Why would you want them to still be talking about it? TS most likely wants this to just go away and people to forget about it and just get back to his life and racing. But you think the media is doing him a disservice by reporting him being cleared and letting it go? You want them to gloat over it? The kid is dead, whether or not you think he was in the wrong (which you obviously do), they shouldn't be celebrating his death and dancing on his grave by putting TS on a pedestal.

Just let it go.
all i want is consistency in the media. they were hammering stewart for weeks saying what a bad guy he was, and stuff like that. now that stewart is cleared, they are not retracting anything they said previously. so where does stewart go to get his reputation back?

Old 10-04-2014, 10:32 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post

Just let it go.
Quote:
all i want is consistency in the media. they were hammering stewart for weeks saying what a bad guy he was, and stuff like that. now that stewart is cleared, they are not retracting anything they said previously. so where does stewart go to get his reputation back?
What rbohm said. The way media bias was on this incident was the worst I have ever seen. Mainly because in any given week national news couldn't care less about NASCAR.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:01 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Never liked TS but never thought he ran over the kid on purpose. Yes he was cleared of any wrong doing and that is good and I am sure it is a life changing experience for TS.
What would you like the press to retract? You just can't pretend that over the years TS was not an obnoxious jerk. Good driver yes, but still a jerk.
Many in the press like him but I don't think we're going to see any parades for him.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Never liked TS but never thought he ran over the kid on purpose. Yes he was cleared of any wrong doing and that is good and I am sure it is a life changing experience for TS.
What would you like the press to retract? You just can't pretend that over the years TS was not an obnoxious jerk. Good driver yes, but still a jerk.
Many in the press like him but I don't think we're going to see any parades for him.
how about when the press at times accused him of murdering the kid? why cant the press come out and say "look we were stupid and tony didnt try to kill the kid on purpose".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing