Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 06:18 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times

Advertisements

I agree that Denny thinks that he is not respected on the track. There does appear to be a drift towards each man for himself in the truck and Xfinity series that is starting to migrate into Cup. Understandably, the veterans need to step up and say "we don't race that way". But the veterans can only do so much, especially if they also do the same thing the young drivers are doing then demand respect ("basically do as I say, not as I do").

Bumping and grinding is good for the sport, wrecking each other is not (see last weekends Truck race and in part, the Xfinity race).

I'm still scoffing at the "hack" comment by Denny. I bet he now wishes he could take that back, including the part that the other HMS drivers are so much better. Denny is on a team that two of his fellow drivers have three championships to his zero.

Having said that, this Sunday should be interesting. Denny does have a tendency to run really good when he's in these types of situations (everyone is against him).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 02:55 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,147,095 times
Long story short, Denny Hamlin is, again, NOT the Champion.....

It's Kyle Larson, as it should be. For God's sake, he won 10 races!!!

Old 11-09-2021, 05:59 AM

Denny was contrite and humbled after the race during the interviews. I think both him and Truex possibly knew their chances of being in the top 4 again will be very tough from this point out. You can almost count that HMS will have at least two cars in the top 4 next year. HMS has shown that they have learned quickly with each new generation of Cup car. I doubt, with their young drivers and engineers, that this time will be any different.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:28 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,694,001 times
You seem to forget that 2022 will be in a totally new car.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
You seem to forget that 2022 will be in a totally new car.
Quite the opposite, I've been following the development closely. Hearing some of the other drivers talk about NextGen, you get the impression that it may be harder for the older, veteran drivers to adapt as fast as the younger ones.

We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing