Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:28 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,238,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
And, since she's made a thread to brag about her new car, why not ask that?
Gotta kind of co-sign

Not saying asking what she does isn't rude, but flaunting is also..... just the truth.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
What an ass, tvdxer is. Still sucking on mom's tit and have the nerve to be mad at someone. Grow the hell up.
Nice show of compassion there PK. Hopefully you never get cancer.Although Shelby chooses her passion to be expensive , fast cars ; to some(like tvdxer) thats not his priority ; obviously.
according to his own logic he only made that post to brag about his cancer...

and i have a terminally ill family friend attempting to live his life as long as he can, and he doesn't flaunt his illness in forum posts...

tvdxer doesn't need your compassion or for you to feel sorry for him, from reading his other posts hes a very intelligent member of this forum, i feel sorry that he felt the need to cling to jealousy of someones really awesome car... as i would with anyone.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:14 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post

Nice show of compassion there PK. Hopefully you never get cancer.Although Shelby chooses her passion to be expensive , fast cars ; to some(like tvdxer) thats not his priority ; obviously.
Oh please. His cancer comment was thrown after his ass was called out. Either way, that's not the issue at hand. He wanted to stir **** up and I'm helping keep his foot in it.

It's not his priority. Fine but he has not right to rain on her parade because he is jealous of her. I don't give a damn, if he has cancer or a club foot. She has a passion for cars. People have passions for other things. His passion seems to be tv dxing. He would equally insulted, if someone called it stupid or a waste of time. Rude is rude. Online or offline.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
Wait just a second now. You just bought this:

And you're already taking delivery of a spankin' new road rocket? Well, not to say that I disapprove of your new car, but please give the rest of us a chance to buy a nice car!

I could honestly care less about the foriegn jobby. That '67 big block is devine.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:21 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Yikes! This thread certainly took a turn while I was away!
We are home....SHE is home...safely tucked away in the garage....SHE is everything and more in what we had expected. AWESOME ride, AWESOME handling....pics to come....but first she needs to be washed and detailed...tomorrow is another day. I'm beat...been driving since 5am this morning. (yawn)
Details on the trip tomorrow.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,226,086 times
I saw a red R8 in the parking lot of my office building today and it made me think of this thread. Glad it's home.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 AM

340 posts, read 1,446,103 times
While the 5.2 V-10 w/525hp and 391lb torque in the R8 Spyder is impressive, in my "opinion" a 3.6L twin turbo w/612hp and 516lb torque in a lighter 911 GT2 RS would have been my choice. Plus there's no question about the body style being iconic and more aerodynamic.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:01 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Yikes! This thread certainly took a turn while I was away!
We are home....SHE is home...safely tucked away in the garage....SHE is everything and more in what we had expected. AWESOME ride, AWESOME handling....pics to come....but first she needs to be washed and detailed...tomorrow is another day. I'm beat...been driving since 5am this morning. (yawn)
Details on the trip tomorrow.
Yay! Glad you made it home

Now fire up that camera and email and start sending stuff!

Old 09-11-2010, 08:06 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Default Pics added

A day of pure enjoyment yesterday...driving the newbie..getting her State inspection and starting the registration process. Of course, after cleaning, detailing, the heavens opened up on us again....Guess what I'm headed out to do right now? Her first car show is tonight!

Road Trip was all it was expected to be. Of course, two officers, one a local in Georgia, the other, a Trooper in Mississippi, saw fit to pull ME over (had to be while I was driving) to just view the car! Talk about looking in your rearview and seeing flashing lights...instant heart failure...and DH asking "What did you do NOW?" Both Officers

gave excuses of having to check the registration....and then asked to see the car. Trooper must have snapped 20 pics of it.
Pics below..taken by a friend of ours...before the rain yesterday:

Since I don't get very technical about the cars...Here's DH's assessment written on an R8 forum we belong to:

Finally picked up the 2011 R8 V10 Spyder this week. Made an 1100 mile, 2 day trip home in flawless fashion. Awesome car, even as we tried to mind the break-in protocols. Not a single issue with the car, although the cops stopped us twice, just to see the car and take pictures. Talk about exercising the heart!

Initial impressions, vs our former V8 coupe:
- Engine sound is definitely better at high revs in the V10, but lower revs and idle favor the V8. Typical difference for a V8 vs any V10 or V12. Although, Audi did do a pretty good job getting a V10 to sound good.
- While seeming quicker than the V8, it's not an overpowering difference. For most driving and drivers, either engine set-up should be fine and comparable. It's just not a huge difference.
- Ride in the (V10) spyder vs the (V8) coupe seemed mostly the same. Maybe a bit more harshness in the spyder, but possibly due to suspension stiffening for the chop-top and the different engine weights, etc.
- Steering, MT6 and other controls are the same. Overall handling feels equal.
- Upgraded Nav video is somewhat better, but not vast.
- Road noise is definitely more noticeable in the spyder, with top up. Not bad, just more.
- Some slight body flex in the spyder, as is normally expected, but not much. Very firm, overall composition.
- Sight lines for windshield and especially over the quarters is somewhat compromised in the spyder. I put stick-on fish-eyes on all of my exterior mirrors to help compensate the rear quarter views.
- Top down driving is heavenly and even the drop down rear window in the spyder is a hoot. The best of all worlds and oh what sounds the pipes make, at higher revs, with the top down. It's what the spyder is all about! Minimal wind buffeting and conversation is OK with top down. The rear window acts as a good wind block and I see no reason to ever wrestle the other hard wind block into place.
And the picture takers are out all over the roadways! We should charge for photo's!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:15 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
WOW!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the shot of the rear end. I bet those cops were wanting pictures. Sweet!
Enjoy the heck out of her.

I won't see it tonight
Unless I get things done FAST around here and drive down later. Hmm.

You could have put her in the LeMons race down there this weekend. LOL!!! That would have been a trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive