Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:39 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepoRsheep View Post
Toyota Corolla. Just as good gas mileage as the yaris (that others suggested) and you get more car for a little more money. It's now almost the same size as my 2001 Camry. I'm considering one myself as I think the new camry's are too big.
And some of the deals out there are really great. The prices are now as low as 2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 09:20 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonYeti View Post
I don't think it's as ugly as you think it is, but also I didn't buy it for its looks! Never would have chosen the Fit for that. What matters more to me is what it's like to be in it. It is a great car to drive--very comfortable, does not feel "cheap" at all, damn nice handling and sound system (I got the Sport). It has electronic stability control and ABS, and a lot more ... with Honda's name, so you can expect it all to be reliable.

The Fit is not what it looks like from the outside. It's actually heavier than it looks, over 2500 pounds, but with gas mileage that's really good. There's plenty of room inside, and I like the way you can change the interior space so you can get pretty big things in it.

The cruise control is very tight--what I mean is, it varies less than a mile an hour even if you're going up and down hills (though it will go faster on a steep downhill, but only because it's coasting that fast). The engine is really smooth, and at idle it's easy to forget the engine is running. It doesn't feel like a small car, and it's not cheap in quality and driving comfort, but yeah ... it is not a great looking car, I agree
I'm glad you like your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Wow, did Honda steal your girlfriend in high school or back over your puppy when you were a kid or something? Haha. So much hate...

All the ricers drove (and still drive) Hondas and the good looking girls ignored them with their fart cans, stickers and ugly mods. These same teens grow up and buy ugly Fits, Accords and Acuras doing the same ****.

Ugly is Ugly. Not hate.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:26 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,512 times
I've been driving a Honda Civic for the past ten years. Excellent car...can't give it enough stars or recommendations. Unfortunately, I'm bored with small and econo; I'm craving BIG and FAST in the worst possibly way.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:38 PM

478 posts, read 785,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
All the ricers drove (and still drive) Hondas and the good looking girls ignored them with their fart cans, stickers and ugly mods. These same teens grow up and buy ugly Fits, Accords and Acuras doing the same ****.

Ugly is Ugly. Not hate.
Hmmm, there are honda-loving girls for sure. You are sounding like a teen ...

Old 11-08-2010, 09:50 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonYeti View Post
Hmmm, there are honda-loving girls for sure. You are sounding like a teen ...
Indeed. They buy Fits, Civics, and Accords or they are handed down to them from parents.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:54 PM

478 posts, read 785,011 times
Quote:
Indeed. They buy Fits, Civics, and Accords or they are handed down to them from parents.
It sounds like you're trying hard to make a point, but I can't tell what it is

Old 11-08-2010, 09:58 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:

Ugly is Ugly. Not hate.
Mmmm nah, you're being a hater, dude. Yeah, no Honda owner has ever snagged a hot girl... they all go towards dudes who drive Mustangs with Cragars and Flowmasters... who blast Speedwagon

Welcome to 2010!

Last edited by 415_s2k; 11-08-2010 at 10:09 PM..

Old 11-09-2010, 01:26 AM

1,617 posts, read 5,674,861 times
I guess the point he's trying to make, is that he wishes everyone thinks the Fit is as ugly as he does. However, with looks being purely subjective, that simply won't happen.

I own a '09 Fit Sport, and I think it looks good (totally stock, with QUIET exhaust, as I insist on having on all my cars), but looks are not what the Honda Fit is about. It's a premium small 5-door car with a creatively designed seating and cargo configuration, quiet interior, expensive looking dashboard, little storage nooks all over the place, and it's pretty damn fun to drive as far as I'm concerned. It's not that fast (it feels quick with the manual transmission, but that's relative--it's only a 1500 cc engine), but wowzers, does it ever handle well. The electric power steering is quick and precise, but not overly tiring just trying to cruise straight down the freeway. Oh, and cruising down the freeway with that super-precise cruise control, while I shuffle through my iPod using the steering wheel-mounted audio controls, sips fuel at 35-42 MPG depending on whether I want to go 60 or 75 MPH.

I could go on and on about how much I like and appreciate my '09 Fit Sport, and that would include things I like about how it looks, but the fact is, I only need to satisfy myself with my choice, not anybody else.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:11 AM

780 posts, read 2,925,624 times
LOL, the thought of putting me in an econobox sounds like a recipe for a disaster. I'm dangerous in any of them.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:30 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
What's your price range? Helps to narrow the focus.
Under $14 k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive