Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 07:16 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
I know of a person that bought a brand new Kia and had the maintenance done by the Kia dealer and when he went on a trip out-of-state the engine locked up and it only had 78,000 miles on it. The dealer refused to fix the engine claiming it wasn't under warranty because of one little part in the engine that wasn't covered under the warranty. So now he is taking Kia to court over this. Will see what happens next.
exactly. I have seen this happen to the Korean 100k warranty cars many times. There are so many 'unknowing' people who buy these cars thinking the car will be good for 100k miles and they all get screwed when it comes down to cashing in on their warranty. Everyone 'in' the industry knows this and its a joke to everyone except for the owners of these horrible cars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 07:18 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
I would never buy KIA any way. For the same price for Kia you buy Honda vehicle which is a excellent choice.

exactly. I have no idea why anyone would buy a Kia/Hyundai.. I can only assume its the scam warranty that gives them a false sense of security

Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 AM

106,687 posts, read 108,856,202 times
if you click on the warranty box right on their site where it says 100,000 mile warranty it says exactley what it is,powertrain. you dont even have to read the fine print.

Kia Cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Minivans, & Future Vehicles | Kia Motors America

Old 10-29-2011, 08:16 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
exactly. I have seen this happen to the Korean 100k warranty cars many times. There are so many 'unknowing' people who buy these cars thinking the car will be good for 100k miles and they all get screwed when it comes down to cashing in on their warranty. Everyone 'in' the industry knows this and its a joke to everyone except for the owners of these horrible cars
This. You could read the contract all you want,but I didn't read anything about nothing being covered if you buy the car used,even if its under 100,000 miles

Old 10-29-2011, 08:18 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Whatever gave you that idea?

Is this misunderstanding the reason why you never changed the oil?
Oh no,I always change the oil on time.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:32 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
exactly. I have no idea why anyone would buy a Kia/Hyundai.. I can only assume its the scam warranty that gives them a false sense of security
I have three friends who bought the Azera when it first came out here in the US. One has over 250K road miles on it. None of them have had any real problems and are very happy with their cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
This. You could read the contract all you want,but I didn't read anything about nothing being covered if you buy the car used,even if its under 100,000 miles
Somewhere in the fine print it says exactly that. They aren't making it up as they go.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:03 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Please,don't ever buy a Kia. I thought the whole car was covered for 100,000 miles.
Nope,only the powertrain.
I dont know of ANY car maker that gives a bumper to bumper 100k. warranty (yet) . But i suspect that IS coming next.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:18 AM

3,483 posts, read 9,019,591 times
Never realized the way the warranty transfers, same time, i've never purchased a Kia or researched one. Took at a peak at their website, and opened their 2011 warranty information, and it shows specifically that the original owner receives the 10/100,000 warranty, and subsequent owners will have a 60 month/ 60,000 mile warranty. While not as amazing as 100,000 mles, the warranty period is still pretty typical of vehicle manufacturers.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:31 AM

21,866 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Please,don't ever buy a Kia. I thought the whole car was covered for 100,000 miles.
Nope,only the powertrain.
AKA: Hai guys. I didn't bother to read. I just thought I'd let you know.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:23 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,928,902 times
My oldest girl bought a Kia right out of college. It was probably the cheapest one they had- 4 banger, manual tranny, radio, and a 4 door. I never asked what she paid for it but they were selling at the time for under 10 grand. Drove the car to just past 120,000 miles. Only had one break down at 98,000 miles and Kia all but rebuilt the engine at no charge. She has since bought a new Saturn and hated it. Drove her grandmothers Camry for a year and hated it. Is now driving a New Altima and hates it. She's going to be buying another Kia just as soon as she's not upside down in the Nissan. The Saturn and Altima both have been in the shop more times than she can count. Said the maintenance on the Camry was way passed ridiculous. As I remember, she decided the muffler needed replacing and made the horrid decision to have Toyota replace it. Seven hundred bucks later she decided she'd never own one. And they were recommending another 3 thousand in maintenance to be done. Yeah, another dealer scamming a single blonde woman. Sorry for your problems Jerseygal but ya gotta know when you buy used that the likelihood of having issues is going to be a problem. Most folks don't get rid of good cars, just the ones they are having or expect to have issues with. I can also understand that maybe it just isn't in the budget these days to buy new but, buying used is the chance you take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia