Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2011, 12:54 PM

42 posts, read 273,906 times

Advertisements

Hi all-

I am in the process of pricing tires for both my minivan (Sienna) and my stepdaughter's car (Honda). I will need 4 tires and she will need 2. There are so many types/brands/etc. and i want to make sure we get what we need, but don't over-spend. If anyone has any suggestions/input, I would love to hear it.

Tire sizes: 215 65 r16 (2008 Toyota Sienna) and 195 65 r15 (1999 Honda Accord 2-door)

We are trying to stay as reasonably priced as possible.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 01:08 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
I would just head over to tirerack.com and read the reviews.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:54 AM

1,710 posts, read 4,134,615 times
I have some Falken Sincera tires on my Corolla. They are about the same size as your Accord's. They are GREAT! They are MUCH BETTER than the Goodyear Integrity that came on the Corolla, which wore out after 23,000 miles.

I have some Hankook Optimos on my truck. I like them better than the Falken Sinceras! I replaced Michelins with the Hankook Optimos, and they handle better, and are very quiet. They were much less expensive, too.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:57 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I have some Hankook Optimos on my truck. I like them better than the Falken Sinceras! I replaced Michelins with the Hankook Optimos, and they handle better, and are very quiet. They were much less expensive, too.
I put some of the Hankook Optimos H727's on my wifes vehicle as well and have been highly impressed with them.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:51 PM

600 posts, read 1,933,703 times
Question is, what do you want to spend?

You can't go wrong with any tires of the known brands.

Do not go for cheap Chinese tires!!!

If you want cheap go for Toyo, Kumho, Hankook, Vredestein.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I would just head over to tirerack.com and read the reviews.
+1

I've purchased from Tirerack.com many times. Go read the reviews and be enlightened.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:11 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAS007 View Post
Question is, what do you want to spend?

You can't go wrong with any tires of the known brands.

Do not go for cheap Chinese tires!!!

If you want cheap go for Toyo, Kumho, Hankook, Vredestein.
I wouldn't lump Toyo or Vred's in with the "cheap" chinese tires ...

We've been running Vred's on M-B's for decades and been very satisfied with the price point/performance of these tires. They've lasted longer than some of the Pirelli's, Continental's, and Michelin's we replaced, too, while delivering good handling/braking/rain/snow performance.

Also have run Toyo's on our 4x4 pick-up trucks with excellent service and reasonable cost. Didn't buy their cheapest lines, bought the 10-ply heavy duty service tires and would buy them again ... haven't needed to replace them yet after 6 years of service.

OTOH, we bought a set of mid-priced Hankook's for a Subaru AWD wagon that we thought was going to be sold and needed new tires; the tires shredded within 12,000 miles and we had lots of road hazard failures with these driving them on the same roads we normally drive. Had to replace the set twice in 15,000 miles due to one tire failing and needing to be matched up against the remaining ones of the set. Quiet, but the handling and adverse road performance left a lot to be desired. For only $20 more/tire, we got much better tires from other manufacturers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive