Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,687,683 times

Advertisements

Since you're in a no win situation anyway try the best glue remover I''ve ever used........Avon Skin So Soft bath oil.

Avon's SSS has citrus oil in it that will loosen the grip of any glue that is not epoxy based. Spray on, let set a bit ,wipe with dry rag, repeat as necessary.

It will take some time but once the SSS starts to loosen the glue it's only a matter of time. Keep repeating the process until all the glue is gone.

Now the good part.........SSS will not harm the leather one bit!!!!!!

Once the wheel is clean to your standards wash with a very mild soap(NOT a detergent!) to avoid drying out the leather to much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 05:11 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Carb cleaner.
Gets sh*t off everything.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:16 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,236,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
I am amazed at how strong and concentrated it is. I've had this wheel problem for months now. I thought I didn't even have any on my hands at first, thought I cleaned it all off, but apparently I didn't. It doesn't even come off the skin that easy, takes days without the chemicals, till you lose that skin basically.
Many years ago when I did mobile installs, I'd stripped most of the interior out of an almost new Camaro for a big system. Seats, carpet, interior panels, console, etc. I blocked off part of the B pillars so the Great Stuff would turn them into sealed speaker enclosures in the correct size. Then I pumped a can into each side and went home.

Oops.

The next morning I found that it had expanded out of EVERY opening, all over the floor, the door sills, all the wiring, all over the side panel metal, and so on. It took me an entire day to get the car almost back to where it was before GS went everywhere. Hated it ever since.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:33 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,637,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
many years ago when i did mobile installs, i'd stripped most of the interior out of an almost new camaro for a big system. Seats, carpet, interior panels, console, etc. I blocked off part of the b pillars so the great stuff would turn them into sealed speaker enclosures in the correct size. Then i pumped a can into each side and went home.

Oops.

The next morning i found that it had expanded out of every opening, all over the floor, the door sills, all the wiring, all over the side panel metal, and so on. It took me an entire day to get the car almost back to where it was before gs went everywhere. Hated it ever since.
dammmn.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:36 PM

Well, nothing worked, including the carb cleaner. I used goof off once again, but I don't think it will do anything significant. I called Great Stuff customer service, visited home depot, lowes and nothing can remove it. Maybe I just have to wait till it wears off from my sweaty hands grip in 20 yrs.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:10 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,236,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
dammmn.
That's one of the words I used.

A cover sounds like your best bet at this point.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:43 PM

Removing great stuff foam insulation | Winning Colours Stain Remover
Removing dried-on Great Stuff Foam Insulation from carpet | Winning Colours Stain Remover
It happened to me again. I couldn't do anything last time and just let it wear off, and it took a very long time. Has anyone tried this? Looks like it works unless it's a scam.

Last edited by OleSchoolFool; 09-28-2012 at 07:55 PM..

Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 PM

Pine Sol works for both skin and fabrics! believe dat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive