Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Compare the resale to those other cars you mentioned.

Discussion over.
If your only consideration in which brand to own is resale value then you really aren't a car person.

You should post your thoughts in the economics forum and leave this forum to the car guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 11:58 AM

40 posts, read 57,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I blew the fking doors off an M3 not so long ago that tried to hassle me. LMFAO.

Oooooooops guess it's hard to tell model and year differences from behind when you are just another d-bag leasing a BMW.

Yep, you heard me posters....why rag on the mustangs etc. when the majority of BMW's out there are driven by leasers living in apartments and their parents basements?

Oh snap.

And the majority of BMWs are never driven faster than 70mph.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:26 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,845,569 times
Quote:
The Mustang GT, the Challenger and the Camero--my problem with them is that all I ever see is old farts like me with grey hair driving them. I'm 50 so was in at the end of the muscle car era back in the day. I had a '68 Dodge Charger and a '70 Dodge Dart Swinger 340. I loved those cars back then, but I don't need to relive that anymore. I have moved on.

The problem I see is they have these new retro cars so overpriced that the people who should be driving them cannot afford them. The idea behind the performance cars back in the day was to attract young buyers and build excitement in a brand of car so you can try to keep them as long range customers. Dodge hoped that the 19 year old Charger or Challenger driver would eventually trade that in for a Fury Wagon someday.

Now these old farts are running around in these cars and ruining the entire idea IMO. This is a dead end for the big 3.

Now VW, Toyota and Nissan-they get it. They make cool cars that young people can afford and they build long term customers.
Camaro

Depends on where you are. I see plenty of young folk with Mustang GTs and moreso the new 5.0 as they ditch their older F-body, C5, GTO for the new fast car on the block. I see a few older folk with the SS and numerous older folk with the Challenger R/T and more expensive models. Which makes sense as the 5.0 and SRT8 are at opposite ends of the price structure.

I think the underscore above is correct but with qualifications. It is nuts to think a 19 year old can afford any of the brand new performance models. Impossible back in 1983 when I was in the market.

VW, Toyota, Nissan cool? Not at all. Practical but not cool.

Old Farts? You must be severely out of shape to consider yourself so low at 50.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:24 PM

457 posts, read 889,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Amen! I have to put up with the same stupid comments about my Z06.

The new mustangs are AWESOME. Especially for the money.

A lot of ignorance flying around this thread.

I blew the fking doors off an M3 not so long ago that tried to hassle me. LMFAO.

Oooooooops guess it's hard to tell model and year differences from behind when you are just another d-bag leasing a BMW.

Yep, you heard me posters....why rag on the mustangs etc. when the majority of BMW's out there are driven by leasers living in apartments and their parents basements?

Oh snap.
What makes me laugh, is when people find out that it's MY car, not my boyfriend's, and that it's a stick. Apparently I didn't get the "chick model"!?

Oh...and when people think that I can't "drive" it...HA! I wouldn't have it if I couldn't handle it!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:26 PM

78,450 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Kettle meet pot. Whatever makes you feel like the superior d-bag to the BMW d-bags though, I guess.
I'm just back-trolling with the same generalizations made about muscle-car and corvette drivers. It's kinda meant to be over-the-top stereotyping.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:00 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,473,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKat View Post
What makes me laugh, is when people find out that it's MY car, not my boyfriend's, and that it's a stick. Apparently I didn't get the "chick model"!?

Oh...and when people think that I can't "drive" it...HA! I wouldn't have it if I couldn't handle it!
That's right, because we all know that only guys are supposed to drive the GTs, while chicks are supposed to get the V6... with an automatic, of course!

Ya know, if you weren't already engaged, you'd be a good catch.... you drive a Mustang GT, like rock music, and like dogs too. Have ya got any single sisters like you? LOL

Old 08-02-2012, 06:55 AM

457 posts, read 889,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
That's right, because we all know that only guys are supposed to drive the GTs, while chicks are supposed to get the V6... with an automatic, of course!

Ya know, if you weren't already engaged, you'd be a good catch.... you drive a Mustang GT, like rock music, and like dogs too. Have ya got any single sisters like you? LOL

lol...Well thanks! No single sisters, at all. And nope...none like me! I'm "one of a kind!"

Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:

Heh. I was at the car dealership today and while waiting was ogling a bumble-bee colored BOSS 302 mustang.

I was drooling all over it but....my current fun car is still my fav. (And the Boss is kinda slow ..... heh. )

You get a big thumbs up from me, I like a gal that can drive right and it's not a question of the drivers um....standard equipment. lol.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
lol...Well thanks! No single sisters, at all. And nope...none like me! I'm "one of a kind!"
Heh, my boys are teenagers, I might need ya to send me a blood sample so I can clone a future daughter in law lol.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:21 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
How old are you? My 26 year old daughter bought a new Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0 Turbo. I'm 50 and grew up loving American Muscle cars but I would take that car over a Mustang (unless it was the 40K + Shelby).

The kids definitely prefer VW's to American retro cars.

The only thing missing from the American Retro cars are a shelf for the 10 boxes of kleenix and hats that the old duffers like to line up in the rear window
Based on everything I have read you say on this thread, I don't think you are in touch with young people and I am beginning to doubt you know any young people.

Young people are the only ones I know who routinely drive the cars we're talking about in this thread and I have never once in my car loving life ever heard anyone drool or look at a Jetta. Let alone a young person. I mean, for real?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive