Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 01:41 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,321,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I hate all of them. I hate them for being retro, and bad renditions at that..

One, why do all cars have to look like ultra modern renditions, that will soon look even more dated than retro cars? We complain that all cars are looking the same and lackthe style of calssic cars, and when one or two of them borrow the style of the classic cars, people like you complain that they don't look enough like modern cars. Can't friggin' win as a designer.

And two, I disagree with you about them being bad renditions (well, the Camaro is show car impractical, but practicality is not what these cars are about anyhow). I've had numerous classic Mustangs and restored many more at the shop I used to have. My current Mustang is as good at being a pony car as they were, as good looking as my old Mustangs were, while being much better at being a CAR (day to day driveability, power, emissions, economy, handling, braking, and safety) than any of them were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM

389 posts, read 1,220,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
What makes a Hyundai desirable? Other than price, there is nothing enthusiastic about one compared to all the other sports/luxury cars it competes with.
All right! I've seen enough of this Hyundai bashing to suit me. I own a new Hyundai Santa Fe I purchased four months ago. It was one of the first ones to roll off the truck. These are manufactured by red blooded Americans in Georgia, by Kia, for the American market. You obviously have not driven the Sonata Turbo or Kia Optima Turbo. These are flat out fun cars to drive. I would bet they would run circles around any of these other cars mentioned.

This is the fourth Hyundai I have owned and I have also owned a Kia which is similar.

These are outstandingly fine automobiles. You can't hardly break one of them unless you run it into a telephone pole. In the four months I have owned it there has been one problem. The fuel cap warning light came on. It was fixed with a software fix.

Let me count the ways I like this. How about the panoramic roof? How about the heated leather seats and heated steering wheel? How about the 8" GPS and back-up camera. It has more bells and whistles than the QE2 and they ALL work just fine. The fit and finish is impeccable. I wouldn't be paying out $32K for a piece of junk if I thought otherwise.

Getting back to the subject at hand, I have stated why I would not have selected any of these aforementioned cars. The Mustang simply didn't get my juices flowing when I drove it and it had 0 miles on the odometer. I wouldn't trust a Chrysler product. GM may not even be in business unless they start selling some of their overstocked inventory. And they won't get a second bail-out. So they will go out of business.

If a person wants a sport's car, my goodness, there are tons of them out there today. If one doesn't like any of the Japanese or Korean cars (can't think of a good reason), there are the BMWs, Mercedes, Audies and Porsches to select from. Most of them will out perform any of the suggested cars.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:08 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,910,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmissourimule View Post
All right! I've seen enough of this Hyundai bashing to suit me. I own a new Hyundai Santa Fe I purchased four months ago. It was one of the first ones to roll off the truck. These are manufactured by red blooded Americans in Georgia, by Kia, for the American market. You obviously have not driven the Sonata Turbo or Kia Optima Turbo. These are flat out fun cars to drive. I would bet they would run circles around any of these other cars mentioned.
A Kia optima will run circles around a new Camaro SS or a Mustang GT? Are you drinking?

Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,506,943 times
Bottom line all this blubering on about any of this other stuff, whether or not its Kias, BMWs or whatever is 100% of topic from the OP. He was very specific about his range of choices and the rest of the BS is 180 degrees of this. The rest can start their own nuthugging thread since OP never asked for left field suggestions/input. It was a very focused post/question.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,415,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
And, as I suggested in an earlier post, he had already done enough research to narrow his choices down to a field of three based on his personal preferences. I'm not really sure why anyone who doesn't like any of the three being considered would even feel the need to post. Not that it isn't a free country, just that it seems like a waste of time.
Having once owned a pony car, a Camaro, I was posting because I am disappointed that this genre has picked up horsepower, and lost user-friendliness.

I did say I'd go with the Mustang, if you read my post.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,415,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
And two, I disagree with you about them being bad renditions (well, the Camaro is show car impractical, but practicality is not what these cars are about anyhow). I've had numerous classic Mustangs and restored many more at the shop I used to have. My current Mustang is as good at being a pony car as they were, as good looking as my old Mustangs were, while being much better at being a CAR (day to day driveability, power, emissions, economy, handling, braking, and safety) than any of them were.
You could SEE out of older versions of the Camaro.

I equate thick pillar greenhouses with increasing your chance of a mishap during a quick maneuver or lane change.

And, yes, I agree ... the new Mustang is the best-looking of this trio.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:44 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,896,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Bottom line all this blubering on about any of this other stuff, whether or not its Kias, BMWs or whatever is 100% of topic from the OP. He was very specific about his range of choices and the rest of the BS is 180 degrees of this. The rest can start their own nuthugging thread since OP never asked for left field suggestions/input. It was a very focused post/question.
Haven't you noticed? Every other thread turns into:

(pick one or more)
a. Who has the most horsepower
b. Who has the fastest 0-60 or quarter mile time
c. Domestic vs import
d. Chevy vs Dodge vs Ford

Never seems to matter what the original question was.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,240,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I test drove a V6 Challenger (in 2010) and was not impressed. I ended up buying a V6 Camry which had just as much "get up and go" as a V8 RT Challenger.

What good is a car if it can't do what it looks like it should be able to do? I still love the look of it though.
Yeah everyone knows Toyota's V6 engines are far fr superior to anything else.

They're smoother, sound better and more powerful LMAO

Old 12-13-2012, 05:09 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,721,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Yeah everyone knows Toyota's V6 engines are far fr superior to anything else.

They're smoother, sound better and more powerful LMAO
You're absolutely CRAZY. Your fanboy-biases cloud every bit of rational judgement you have.

Smoother? PLEASE tell me what the definition of a "SMOOTH" engine is.

Sound better? Toyota engine's sound like HELL compared with the V8 rumble of a Corvette/Mustang/Camaro. You can't even possibly argue that Toyota vehicles sound anywhere close to the deep, harmonic symphony that an American V8 produces.

More powerful?! Again you have no idea what you're talking about. Look up the real facts and then get back to me.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:21 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,240,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
You're absolutely CRAZY. Your fanboy-biases cloud every bit of rational judgement you have.

Smoother? PLEASE tell me what the definition of a "SMOOTH" engine is.

Sound better? Toyota engine's sound like HELL compared with the V8 rumble of a Corvette/Mustang/Camaro. You can't even possibly argue that Toyota vehicles sound anywhere close to the deep, harmonic symphony that an American V8 produces.

More powerful?! Again you have no idea what you're talking about. Look up the real facts and then get back to me.
Just ask the guy who drives the V6 Camry.

Besides you should compare a V8 with V8

Not a V8 with a V6

American engines make heaps of noise, but unfortunately it doesn't translate into speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive