Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times

Advertisements

In Arizona, it's pretty much a daily occurrence, but almost guaranteed on the weekends. The Arizona climate is perfect. It never rains or snows, the roads are almost perfect, and the state is beautiful to see by car. You couldn't ask for a much better place to own an exotic car than the desert Southwest.

In contrast, it's fairly rare to see exotics in the Midwest. The weather sucks, so the exotics that do exist, don't get a chance to come out to play that often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM

225 posts, read 369,129 times
Here in Atlanta

I see Bentley's, panamera porsches , ferraris, Ashton Martons etc on a daily. Couldn't count the number of Bentlys and Porsche I seen this weekend on Peachtree Street.

But I guess when the Mercedes/BMW is a Toyota/Honda equivalent down here, you have to go big.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
I see Ferraris, Lambos, Bentleys, Rolls, AMG Black Series, etc. on a literal daily basis here in Beverly Hills. At least a couple times a month, I'll see a super-exotic like a Veyron, McLaren F1, etc.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,156 times
I saw a yellow late model lamborghini on the way home from work this past Tuesday.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
In Miami they are very common. When I briefly lived in Tampa recently I dated someone with a Lambo so I was in it a couple times a week

Old 12-08-2012, 01:52 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times
Sometimes. I saw a Ferrari FF some weeks ago.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:52 PM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Someone near me has that FF, whew it is ugly! (For those that don't know it is somewhat of a Ferrari 4 seater with a hatchback).

One intersection today: Green Lamborghini Murcilago(sp), GT500 Shelby Convertible and a Blue 430 Stradale

Old 12-09-2012, 03:06 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
In Arizona, it's pretty much a daily occurrence, but almost guaranteed on the weekends. The Arizona climate is perfect. It never rains or snows, the roads are almost perfect, and the state is beautiful to see by car.
For someone who represents that they are from AZ, I'm wondering if you've ever seen or heard or a little place called FLAGSTAFF, AZ? It's up in the most beautiful mountain ranges of AZ, BTW ....

I've driven I-40 a fair number of times in winter months when inclement weather driving conditions were more than a little inconvenience, and I've been weather'ed in on cross country flights between the Rockies and the West coast several times.

As well, having driven I-8 many times in a San Diego - Tucson commute years ago, I recall having had to pull over off the road because the little thunder-boomers that came through were so heavy that you had no visibility. These were pretty intense storm cells ....

In Colorado, not uncommon to see exotics on a daily basis in fair weather months in Aspen and Vail, CO, nor such vehicles in Jackson, WY. I've seen everything from bespoke cars of the '30's through to GT40's, Shelby Cobra's, typical high-end Brit luxury cars, M-B 300S's and SL's, and 600's from the old production, BMW 507's, and a wide ranging assortment of italian high end sports cars, a street legal OSCA, and a number of Porsche track cars modified to be street legal. Not uncommon to see these high-end cars coming out of places in the foothills where folk commute to Denver in the fair weather months, and I've seen a fair number of R-R and R-Bentley cars in some areas of Denver ... which used to have an independent dealer that sold and maintained a lot of these vehicles for their clientele; everything from top of the line cars of the '30's through to the cars of the '80's. Before there was the Ferrari Denver dealership, there were a couple of independents that had sizable followings of the italian sports cars and cars that were seen around Denver on a daily basis.

I used to commute from Denver to the mountains with a fellow that had a Lambo Espada ... not one of their stellar efforts, but still a Lambo. He parked it in his condo garage that had a number of similar cars. In fair weather, you rarely saw anything but top end MB's and BMW's and up ... including AMG models before MB brought them in-house. There were even a couple of BMW factory prep'ed cars ... I recall seeing (and hearing) a 2002tii that had been factory built for the track and had a claimed 200+ HP at the rear wheels ... this was back in the mid-1970's, so it was a pretty exceptional car for it's day; of course, all the ground effects and interior mods that were available were on this car. 'benz 6.3's and later 6.9's were commonplace in that garage, too.

One shop in Jackson specializes in modifying old Dodge Power wagons into monster off-road luxury vehicles, with 500+ HP, new suspension systems, and just about every luxury item one could possibly think of ... including turning them into extended cabs with more seating for a larger group; these can turn into several hundred thousand (if not a lot more) machines after finding a donor wagon. I've seen a couple on the streets there.

Even here in Cheyenne, I know where several Ferrari's frequent during nice months, and the owner of a local lumber company prominently parks his late model Maserati Q-porte under a shelter outside his place of business. Another local restaurant/c-store/gas station owner uses a R-R Camargue for daily transport between his stores and parks out in the parking lots of each ... even in inclement weather.

Last edited by sunsprit; 12-09-2012 at 03:36 PM..

Old 12-09-2012, 03:20 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
Here in the Lehigh Valley of eastern PA I see quite a few.

Two days ago I saw a red Ferrari 458 Italia exiting I-78 heading south towards Saucon Valley.
Last week I spotted a black 2004 to current Rolls Royce Phantom sedan on Route 22 east of Bethlehem.
And about a month ago I saw a lime green Lamborghini Murcielago in a parking lot in Allentowns west end.

The Lehigh Valley is 90 miles east of NYC and 60 miles north of Philly so we are surrounded by wealth.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Not exactly EXOTIC but the mention of a 1930's Cad V16 caught my eye.

Unusual to see one now days on the street but driving one is another matter....which I have done in the past.

My experience was in the early 1040's as my dad a mechanic had his own shop and did occasional repairs for a used car dealer at the time. Being wartime cars were scarce.

Anyway it came in........a V16 huge engine for it's time period that needed a small repair.

This car was to be sold to a carnival and converted into a Pop Corn seller of sorts from what the dealer told my dad.

Anyway, it had a roll down window partition behind the driver, separate switches for the dome lights front and back and for what it worth handled like a huge tank. Dad gave me the okay to test drive it after engine repairs were done.

I sure would like to have that baby today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive